Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Tracker] LysanderYesterday at 1:14 amLysander[Bio] "Long Limbed" LysanderFri May 17, 2024 4:12 pmGray[Claims] Devil Fruit ClaimsFri May 17, 2024 4:08 pmGray[World Event] A Fool's ErrandThu May 16, 2024 6:17 amYumiko[Rolls] Start me up!Thu May 16, 2024 12:02 amRNGesusIntro + question about the Skypiea arc.Mon May 13, 2024 10:31 pmZ_209[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun May 12, 2024 11:16 pmGray[Episode] The Secret & The Recipe Sun May 12, 2024 11:11 pmGray[Episode] Mink-staken IdentitySun May 05, 2024 4:03 amYumiko
Go down
Maxwell
Maxwell
[Fighting Style] Foul Play Vk6odI4
[tracker=/t139-richard-maxwell#516]
Name : Richard Maxwell
Epithet : Plague Rat
Height : 6'0" / 183 cm
Weight : 160 lbs. / 73 kg
Species : Human
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Supernova
Bounty : [bel=r] 243,000,000
Quality Score : S+
Income Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Shop Discount : -10%
Balance : [bel] 1,217,129,125
[[bookworm]][[firstaidkit]][[berryprinter]]
[[identitytheft]][[identitytheft]][[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Fighting Style] Foul Play Empty [Fighting Style] Foul Play

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:52 pm

Foul Play

Fighting Style: Foul Play
Weapon Utilization: A small pistol and a sturdy suitcase containing strange chemicals and medical equipment.
Description: What others call fighting dirty, Richard calls fighting smart. Using trickery, chemicals and low blows are all viable tactics to him. On rare occasions he pulls out his gun to fire potshots. When the situation demands it, he’ll start using his vast selection of medical equipment to support himself and anyone who happens to be on his side. Running away like a frightened, little rat is also a big part of his strategy.

Toggled and Passive Abilities:
Primum Non Nocere [Toggled] - Richard dons his lab coat and gloves, focusing on healing rather than harming. While this is active, he loses -20% Attack, but gains +20% Reflex.

Resuscitation - Once per thread, Richard can heal a character (not including himself) back to 50% HP from a knocked out state. He cannot use any techniques—except for UTs—in the post where this healing ability is used. (This ability is granted by the "Walking, Talking First Aid Kit" perk.)

Medic - Once every three rounds, Richard can use UTs to heal all allies in range, including himself. He heals for [0.05*(d20 value * 10% of his RX)]. (This ability is granted by the "Walking, Talking First Aid Kit" perk.)

Triage - Richard can accurately tell how much damage someone has sustained and how much health they have left.

Techniques

Light Techniques:

Medium Techniques:

Heavy Techniques:

AoE Techniques:

Last edited by Maxwell on Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:53 am; edited 34 times in total
Gray
Gray
The Conqueror / Black Fist
[tracker=/t131-tracker-gray-starks#504]
Name : Gray
Epithet : "The Conqueror"; "Black Fist"
Height : 10'2" (310 cm)
Weight : 1043 lbs (473 kg)
Species : Cyborg Human
World Position : Lurking Legend (Former Yonkou)
Crew : Black Fist Pirates (Destroyed)
Ship : Sangria's Vane (Destroyed)
Crew Role : Captain (Former)
Devil Fruit : Pressure-Pressure Fruit
Bounty : [ber=r] 5,000,000,000
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.20
Shop Discount : -30%
Balance : [bel] 25,000,000,000
[[strollingdeath]][[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[childofdestiny]][[freakofnature]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]

[Fighting Style] Foul Play Empty Re: [Fighting Style] Foul Play

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:05 pm
1. Sucker Punch: I am so tempted to simply give you the okay on stunning a character for 1 post, considering how balanced (or dare I say under-powered) most of your techs are. However, if I do, you need to increase your cool-down to at least 7 posts. As funny as it would be to keep seeing you punch someone in the balls, it might get a bit repetitive and unfair for the stunned opponents (considering they'd be at the mercy of your heavier attacks for an entire post).

2. Medium Attacks: You may choose to bump these up to +15%, if you so choose. Needless to say, however, the debuffs will have to be increased accordingly as well. Oh and also, could you include the duration along with the cooldown for easier access?

3. Malpractice: Seeing this technique makes me think it could become extraordinarily powerful in combination with Sucker Punch (which may have been your intention to begin with). However, this would also give you a free pass to essentially kill/incapacitate someone who had lower reflexes or reflexes close to you, since they would have a hard time dodging Sucker Punch, which is a light attack, making it inherently quick. So, what I would suggest is that you either make it so that you are required to operate on an opponent for at least 3 posts for Malpractice to work successfully, or replace it entirely with another technique. I apologize if this ruined all your nasty, evil plans. #SorrybutnotsorryXD

4. Fumigate: The effects of Fumigate are perfectly acceptable, but I do want you to know that the kind of internal damage done by this technique will be determined by your attack stat vs their defense stat (Their vision will be blocked regardless though for as long as they remain within the AoE). Knowing that, if you'd like to rearrange your character's stats, let me know. Otherwise, no changes are required for this technique.
Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:16 pm
Fair points all in all. Edits are as follows.

1. Gave Sucker Punch 7 post cool-down. It's an attack that relies on the surprise factor, so it should be used sparingly.

2. Upped the effects. And I thank you for that permission. They were meant as sort of double-edged boosts to begin with, so this helps me drive the point home. Winners don't do drugs. Except when they do.

3. Reworded Malpractice into something less of instant damage and more of finishing move, while still trying to retain the relation to Intensive Care.

4. I understand that and it's part of the appeal. Against nameless civilian NPCs the effect will no doubt be devastating, while against player characters it should be a kind of area-denial move. Dealing damage is secondary and ultimately I'd like to think of it as repeated light attacks against anyone foolish enough to keep breathing it. Some characters can just walk through the cloud with few coughs. That would be an interesting scene to play out. And hilarious.

[[strollingdeath]][[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[childofdestiny]][[freakofnature]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:24 pm
I must say, Maxwell, I was very impressed with all aspects of your character. From the biography, to the equipment and the techniques. And your humility and cooperation in regards to character creation are very much appreciated. Peers like yourself remind me why I wanted to do this whole site thing in the first place. And having said that, I would like to reiterate my desire to have our characters RP together. Just pop-in in the chat box, or PM me if you feel that urge also. Until then, you are ready to make a name for yourself across the seven seas. (Which, if your history is to be believed, has partially been done already). Oh, and that reminds me! I need to assign you a starting bounty based on your character's personality and history. But, since I know you are a sucker for moderation, I will give you free reign to choose whichever bounty you want to start out with. You may PM me this, or simply let me know in the chat box, as I'm about to approve this thread and lock it~

[Fighting Style] Foul Play Fdzj9w

Maxwell wrote:
Foul Play

Weapon Utilization: Sturdy suitcase containing strange chemicals and medical equipment.
Specialization: Up, close and personal with very few exceptions.
Description: What others call fighting dirty, Richard calls fighting smart. Using trickery, chemicals, low blows, and innocent meat shields are all viable tactics to him. When the situation demands it, he’ll start using his vast selection of medical equipment to support himself and anyone who happens to be on his side. Running away like a frightened, little rat is also a big part of his strategy.

Techniques

Light Attacks:

Medium Attacks:

Heavy Attacks:

AOE Attacks:
Gray
Gray

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:20 pm
Unlocked for updates~
Gray
Gray

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:48 pm
1. Autoclave: This technique should only be able to remove status effects from light techniques.

2. Recovery Serum: I would suggest giving a -15% attack debuff instead. You can justify this by saying that, because the patient is in so much pain, they cannot put their entire strength behind their attacks.

3. Primum Non Nocere: Richard should not be able to dodge attacks in the case where the opponent's reflex is higher in comparison, especially with this being a heavy technique. But, more importantly, I would actually suggest entirely revamping this technique into something different.

While, ideally, anyone you might be role-playing with should not meta-game, I fear that it would be too easy for any player you may be engaged in combat with, to simply claim that their character did not care to hit you during that duration.

If you still choose to keep this technique however, I would suggest putting a reflex requirement to dodge the attack. Let's say you are required to have at least 75% as much reflex as your opponent to dodge an attack. Also, the attack being dodged has to be an attack that would make direct physical contact with you, and it cannot be an AoE or an attack out of your splashing range.

Also, if you wish for the opponent to suffer a -50% defense debuff for that attack, you need to balance that by giving yourself an equivalent debuff, since this technique is already OP enough as it not only allows you dodge up to a heavy technique, but at the same time it gives you a guaranteed heavy-damage dealing hit. On top of that, a -50% defense debuff on an opponent without something to balance it, would just be overkill.
Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:28 pm
I switched things up quite a bit. Edits are as follows.

1. Swapped Autoclave to a heavy technique slot instead. Added Parting Gift as a replacement.

2. Changed the debuff to attack instead.

3. Removed Primum Non Nocere entirely and replaced it with Autoclave. Simplified the wordy description and made it a more traditional attack instead of an automatically triggering passive.

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:25 pm
1. Parting Gift: Blinding is a huge deal, I should think, and should come with strict requirements. Let's say your attack has to be at least 125% of the opponent's defense for the blinding to work. Otherwise, it should only deal the stated damage.

2. Autoclave: The removed status effects should be medically curable. For example, if a person is given a status effect (buff or debuff) due to their own or someone else's devil fruit ability, that should remain unaffected.

Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:43 am
Good points overall. I went for more replacements in effort to find more inherently balanced techniques.

1. Parting Gift has been replaced with a non-damaging move Paranoia Agent.

2. The main purpose of Autoclave was to even the field against Devil Fruits specifically, to remove special conditions inflicted by them like freezing, dehydration and poisoning for example. Still, I think the definition of a medically curable status effect gets tricky, especially with the stranger fruits/techniques. Thus for the sake of simplicity, it has now been replaced with the poisoning technique Euthanasia.

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:28 pm
1. Euthanasia: Change the reflex debuff to 25%, and we should be all set.
Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:44 pm
1. Euthanasia Reflex debuff increased to 25%

2. I'm afraid I had something of a sudden inspiration, thus I simply had to swap Paranoia Agent for Turncoat. I see it as more amusing and thematically fitting. Reworded the description of Intervention slightly to keep it in line with the new ability.

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:03 pm
Turncoat: You know you don't really need to make this into a technique to do something like this, right? XD
Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:07 pm
Ah, excellent. Thank you for clearing that up. Turncoat has been reverted to Paranoia Agent.

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:20 pm
Also, keep in mind that when you are using Paranoia Agent, your opponents will still be able to track your presence if they are skilled in the use of haki. Having said that, I've halted your approval long enough, so I shall approve this now, but if you wish to change Paranoia Agent in light of this new information, just message me~

Maxwell wrote:
Foul Play

Weapon Utilization: Sturdy suitcase containing strange chemicals and medical equipment.
Description: What others call fighting dirty, Richard calls fighting smart. Using trickery, chemicals, low blows, and innocent meat shields are all viable tactics to him. When the situation demands it, he’ll start using his vast selection of medical equipment to support himself and anyone who happens to be on his side. Running away like a frightened, little rat is also a big part of his strategy.

Techniques

Light Attacks:

Medium Attacks:

Heavy Attacks:

AOE Attacks:
Gray
Gray

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:25 pm
Unlocked for injection's color editing~
Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:55 pm
Edit made.

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:55 pm
Maxwell wrote:

Foul Play

Techniques

Light Attacks:

Medium Attacks:

Heavy Attacks:

AOE Attacks:

Gray
Gray

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:50 pm
Since your fighting style is still running on the old system, you might have a huge handicap! So, I'm unlocking this thread so you can update it using the new template provided here.

P.S.: I still haven't forgotten that I owe you a post, Richard! I'd make excuses, but you've heard them all before. I'll just count on your continued tolerance of my unfair delays. I swear I'll get to it as soon as my first spark of creativity appears.
Gray
Gray

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:33 pm
[You work speedily as ever, Richard! I have a few corrections and comments that you may want to check out. Most of them are concerning the new mechanics which, admittedly, is a curveball thrown at you at this point without a warning.]

Maxwell wrote:

Foul Play

Fighting Style: Foul Play.
[I’d actually recommend that you add a passive ability which allows you to use UTs to heal HP worth a single UT. The way this would be calculated is that instead of whatever damage you’d deal with a UT, you’d instead heal that much HP. Of course, you can still use UTs to do damage as well, but this would be a fitting and handy ability considering the theme of your fighting style.]

Techniques

Light Techniques:

Medium Techniques:

Heavy Techniques:

AoE Techniques:

Maxwell
Maxwell

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 am
Edits have been made.

Passives
- Added "Healing" passive as a quick and simple clarification on how Richard's healing techniques are calculated.
- Added "Triage" passive to emphasize Richard's role and skills as a doctor.
- Agreed with the UT healing suggestion and added "Bedside Manner" passive.

General
- Checked and readjusted all cooldowns.
- Reworked every healing technique.

Light techniques
- Removed stun entirely from Sucker Punch to simplify things.
- Specified Intervention functionality.
- Added stat buff and debuff to Evacuate.
- Reworked Paranoia Agent. Now deals light damage and affects the target's WP.

Medium techniques
- Rewrote every buff technique. Now they grant a buff and a debuff simultaneously.
- Heal over time removed from Recovery Serum.

Heavy techniques
- Reworked Euthanasia to deal damage based on Willpower instead of Defense. Same theme as Sucker Punch.

AoE techniques
- Maxwell's Cocktail renamed to Autoclave. Deals its damage in a single blast.
- Adjusted Fumigate to fit the combat guidelines. Removed DoT. Now deals a single instance of damage to anyone who enters the gas.

Also two questions if I may?
1. The Combat Guide says: "character's true HP is 100+50% of their willpower". But for Richard his true HP seems to be only 100+25% of his WP. Is there something I missed?
2. How are equipment techniques handled now? Are they UTs, LTs or something else entirely?

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:10 pm
Excellently done Richard, as always! To answer your questions:

1. The HP error was entirely my fault. In the first iteration of the combat guide overhaul, the HP bonus was 25%. I simply forgot to edit your stats after I reworked it to 50%. Which reminds me, if you need to redistribute your stats according to the new system, please do let me know!
2. The technique types for equipment are listed in the Shop of Dreams under the equipment section. But, here's the relevant excerpt: "The technique types of equipment are as follows: Tier 2 and 3 techniques will be LTs. Tier 4 and 5 will be MTs. Tier 6 technique will be HT. These techniques do not have to be damage-dealing techniques." You can adjust your equipment techniques accordingly!

Maxwell wrote:

Foul Play

Healing - All of Richard’s healing techniques are calculated as attacks. with his Attack compared to the patient’s Defense. They simply heal damage instead of dealing it. Plus instead of minus.

Triage - Richard can accurately tell how much damage someone has sustained and how much health they have left.

Bedside Manner - Every round Richard can restore HP equal to one UT to every ally in range.

Techniques

Light Techniques:

Medium Techniques:

Heavy Techniques:

AoE Techniques:

Gray
Gray

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:36 pm
Moved for style fixes.
Gray
Gray

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:35 pm
Approved once again!
Maxwell wrote:

Foul Play

Healing - All of Richard’s healing techniques are calculated as attacks, with his Attack compared to the patient’s Defense. They simply heal damage instead of dealing it. Plus instead of minus.

Bedside Manner - Every round Richard can restore HP equal to one UT to every ally in range, including himself.

Techniques

Light Techniques:

Medium Techniques:

Heavy Techniques:

AoE Techniques:

Acacia
Acacia
Kurotane (Black Seed)
[tracker=/t897-grimm-aldous-acacia#4096]
Name : Acacia
Epithet : "Black Seed" ("Kurotane")
Height : 8'5" / 257 cm
Weight : 351 lbs / 159 kg
Faction : New Revolutionary Army
Devil Fruit : Mochi Mochi no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 250,000,000
Balance : [ber] 582,800,000
[[childofdestiny]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:45 pm
Excellent work as always! I've added an addition to the "Walking, Talking First Aid Kid" perk that gives users the ability to use healing UTs exactly how you designed it. It should give people more motivation to make healer builds like yours. I don't see any reason to remove it from your fighting style though, so here's an approved seal:

[Fighting Style] Foul Play Approv10

Maxwell wrote:

Foul Play

Weapon Utilization: A small pistol and a sturdy suitcase containing strange chemicals and medical equipment.
Description: What others call fighting dirty, Richard calls fighting smart. Using trickery, chemicals and low blows are all viable tactics to him. On rare occasions he pulls out his gun to fire potshots. When the situation demands it, he’ll start using his vast selection of medical equipment to support himself and anyone who happens to be on his side. Running away like a frightened, little rat is also a big part of his strategy.

Primum Non Nocere [Toggled] - Richard dons his lab coat and gloves, focusing on healing rather than harming. While this is active, he loses -20% Attack, but gains +20% Reflex.

Medic - Every round Richard can use UTs to heal all allies in range, including himself. He heals for [0.05*(d20 value * 10% of his RX)].

Techniques

Light Techniques:

Medium Techniques:

Heavy Techniques:

AoE Techniques:

Anonymous

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:45 am
Unlocked for Intervention edit :3
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord