Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Rolls] Start me up!Today at 12:06 amRNGesus[Episode] Mink-staken IdentitySun May 05, 2024 4:03 amYumiko[Tracker] Othello DuvalFri May 03, 2024 4:30 amOthello Duval[World Event] A Fool's ErrandWed May 01, 2024 7:46 pmVolo Rosso[Bio] Othello DuvalWed May 01, 2024 10:48 amGray[Claims] Face ClaimsMon Apr 29, 2024 8:36 amGray[Episode] A unusual meet upSat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 amLavender[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:01 amMaxwell[Episode] [Transportation] A Grand OpeningMon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 pmSkoll
Go down
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
[tracker=/t544-anton-la-croix#2124]
Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
Species : Human
Faction : Marine
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 1,472,069,543
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[bookworm]][[childofdestiny]]
[[berryprinter]][[punchoutguru]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]
Turf : [turf="/t299-turf-details-minion-island#1113"]Minion Island[/turf]

Introductions and Murder [Arc Part 1] Empty Introductions and Murder [Arc Part 1]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:47 am
Arc:

The East Blue. By all reports, it was the most peaceful of the blues, though just how peaceful it was had been yet to be determined. Anything that was supposed to be peaceful and easy had the tendency to turn very dangerous for Anton La'croix very easily. In fact, it was the assignments that were supposedly easy that Anton had grown to fear. At least hard ones he knew what he was getting into.

So, naturally, when he had been called to Loguetown for the purpose of picking up a new crewmember, he was naturally nervous. Right now, he was standing on the deck of the Grand Steamer, docked on the island, trying to calm himself down. "Anton, will you calm down?" Celia said, leaning against the railing and watching her captain pacing back and forth, "We're just picking up a new crewmember, that's all." "Well, it's all easy for you to say," Anton replied, trying to keep calm, "What if this new crewmember turns out to be a complete psychopath? What if they're a pirate infiltrating the marines? What if the revolutionary army attacks? What if a Sea King comes up and TRIES TO EAT ME!?"

Celia sighed. It was hard to get through to Anton when he was in this state. She looked over at the ship's doctor, the enigmatic Julius Black, who was watching the captain as well, that white mask covering his face. "A little help here doctor?" The doctor shrugged. "Honestly, you never know what might happen. Besides, I'm kind of curious to see what happens."

Celia let out a groan. Trust the doctor to encourage the behaviour. It seemed like she was the only sane one on the ship. Still, she had heard that this new addition would be given the roll of the second-of-command of the crew. Celia was happy to hear that, if it meant someone who could help her keep Anton going strong, and keep steering him in the right direction. She looked over towards the dock. They should be arriving any moment now.
Yumiko
Yumiko
[tracker=/t1347-yumiko#7408]
Name : Yumiko
Epithet : Kamaitachi
Height : 5'5'' / 165 cm
Weight : 128 lbs. / 58 kg
Faction : Civilian
Devil Fruit : Ita Ita no Mi, Model: Kamaitachi
Balance : [bel] 2,278,965,048
[[baneoftheweak]][[dragonheart]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

Introductions and Murder [Arc Part 1] Empty Re: Introductions and Murder [Arc Part 1]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:12 pm
When the morning sun carefully peeked over the horizon, it was probably surprised to find someone already waiting for it. On the quiet deck of a Marine ship, a lone figure stood at attention. A closer look revealed a young woman with a steely gaze and a sword at her hip. While she wore fashion from far away, the white coat draped over her shoulders still marked her as a Marine. Not the most popular kind of person where the ship was headed. As for why she was up so early when she wasn’t even in the night shift, well, today was a big day and she wanted to be fully prepared. At four in the morning. Of course.

Several hours later...

While the ship steadily approached the appointed destination, Yumiko’s former squad carefully approached her. Confused. Worried. None of them had ever seen her tremble so. One of them made the mistake of asking her if she was nervous. She spun around, eyes twinkling like tiny stars. “Nay! ‘Tis excitement.” She had been dying to talk about this, but too embarrassed to bring it up herself. To do so would have been arrogant. Buuut now that someone had asked... “At last the esteemed lords of the Navy shogunate have heard my pleas and assigned me to serve a worthy commander.” The people around her exchanged odd looks. Well, they were happy for her, sure, but... Maybe they also felt a sliver of pity for the poor sap who had to put up with her now. Just a tiny bit.

Eventually the shape of the Loguetown docks came to view. The samurai’s steely gaze sharpened, spotting a grand paddle ship. There was her destiny. She faced her comrades and captain one more time... and promptly prostrated herself. “My friends, for taking care of me, you have my eternal gratitude. May we one day meet again so I might repay this debt. Now I must bid thee farewell!” Winds started whirling around her. She stood up and spread her large sleeves, letting a mighty gust pick her up like a kite.

Soon whirling winds blew across the other Navy vessel’s deck. It was followed by a surprise dropping from the sky. Yumiko landed right in front Anton with the lightest of thud. Without wasting a moment, she clicked her heels together, saluted and announced her identity. ...Loudly. “Sir, Petty Officer Yumiko reporting for duty, SIR!” She immediately dropped to one knee and bowed her head as low as she could. “‘Tis a great honor to offer my blade and body in your service.” Every word was spoken with relentless fervor. “I hereby solemnly swear to die for your sake or die trying.” After getting most of the overflowing devotion out of her system, she fell silent. Keeping her head bowed, she remained as still as a statue. A servant did not raise their head unless given permission.
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)

Introductions and Murder [Arc Part 1] Empty Re: Introductions and Murder [Arc Part 1]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:50 pm
Anton was chewing his lip as he paced along the deck, occasionally looking out towards the dock. Where were they? They should be arriving any minute now, but there didn't seem to be any sight of them coming down the docks. Even Celia was starting to get a bit concerned. Had something come up to delay them? She checked the time again, wondering if they had misheard what time they would be arriving. They paid no mind to the wind picking up around them. They were standing on a ship after all. Winds were to be expected.

What wasn't expected was the woman suddenly dropping out of the sky, landing in front of Anton, and yelling at him! Needless to say, all three on the deck were surprised by the sudden appearance. Anton almost let out a scream of surprise, but numerous abrupt and dangerous encounters allowed his mind to pick up on things very quickly, and he stopped himself mid scream when the woman's words quickly processed in his mind. Petty Officer Yumiko? Wait, was SHE the new officer that had been assigned to this crew? As his mind quickly wrapped around this piece of information, she suddenly dropped to one knee, head bowed, swearing her life to him like a servant. Well, THIS was certainly something Anton had never expected. Sure, during his brief tenure as captain, he had subordinates, but this was a whole new level of devotion.

Meanwhile, Celia had an expression on her face that simply said 'oh no...'. Julius chuckled behind his mask. "Well, she certainly is an eager one, isn't she?" "Yeah, you can say that," Celia replied, silently wishing that Yumiko was simply eager to work and not insane. It was bad enough she had to babysit Anton at times, and Julius was just encouragable.

Anton blinked, taking the time to calm himself as the woman remained bowed before him. "Well, that's nice to hear. Though I would prefer if you didn't die, if it's all the same to you." He gave the woman a small smile as he offered a hand to help her up. Whether she accepted it or not, he waited until she was standing back up and looking at him. "A pleasure to meet you Yumiko. I'm Anton La'croix." he paused when he realized how informal he was being, which was strange since when it came to his superiors, he was incredible formal, "As you may already know I'll be your captain." He gestured over to Celia and Julius. "This is Celia Stanson, our second officer, and Dr. Julius Black, the ship's doctor."

Celia raised a hand in greeting. "A pleasure to meet you." Meanwhile, Julius gave her a formal, if a bit dramatic, bow. "A pleasure to meet you lady Yumiko." The eyes of his mask looked up at her, "From your attire, might I assume you're from the country of Wano?"

Meanwhile, with all the attention on their new recruit, two dark figures managed to slip onto the ship, unbeknownst to the unaware marines.
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:31 pm
When the new captain, strangely, ordered Yumiko to avoid death, she immediately nodded. “As is thy will.” While she couldn’t quite understand why some of her superiors insisted that, she never questioned it. Likewise, the offered hand was met with an intense stare. ...As her sharp eyes didn’t really lend themselves to a puzzled one. Imaginary question marks slowly rotated around her head. What was he expecting of her...? She blinked as a sudden realization popped into her mind. Ah, perhaps it was his signal to rise. An odd method, but... Denying it would be rejecting his honorable help... So, after a long and awkward pause, she finally took the hand and straightened her back.

As the superior introduced himself, the subordinate offered back something faintly resembling a smile. A poor fit for her stern face. “Likewise, Anton of La’croix.” She studied his mannerisms closely, quietly gauging his worth. While his decorated outfit was bit... erm... outlandish in her eyes, at the very least he had proven to be polite in his speech. A good start. Her piercing gaze shifted onto the other two present. An imaginary quill carefully jotted down all the new names on the pages of her mind. “Well met, Celia of Stanson and Julius of Black. From this day onward I shall consider thee my kin.” They too would get their share of her overbearing devotion whether they liked it or not.

The swordswoman answered the masked doctor’s assumption with a nod. “Verily so. I am...” A brief, hesitant pause lingered between her words. “...a samurai, that I am.” She declared it with a deep, husky tone. ...Even though for a casual observer it might have seemed kind of obvious. The sword was a pretty big hint, one might think. While distracted, she completely missed the shadows sneaking onboard. Neither her sharp hearing or nose picked up a trace of them. After all, there were so many new sensations all around her. And she wasn’t expecting to find enemies on the ship of her new allies...

Eager to work barely described the brilliant blaze burning within Yumiko. While her cold exterior hid it from the world, her actions told a tale of their own. She approached her superior, moving until she was exactly three paces behind him. If he turned, she too would move. Like the tail of a dog. Only if explicitly ordered would she stop on her tracks. Between the steps, she commented calmly. “Please mind me not, sir. As thy personal servant, I shall become thy shadow.” ...Okay, there might have been a tiny miscommunication about her actual duties in the crew. When the transfer order had announced her role as this Second-in-command, she had drawn her own conclusions.
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:22 pm
Anton was almost about to correct her about his name, telling her there was no 'of' in the middle of his name, but stopped himself. It didn't take a genius to figure out that Yumiko was of another culture, and he felt perhaps trying to explain it to her all at once would only confuse her. Though he was surprised to find that his new second in command would be a samurai. Certainly an interesting choice for his crew, not that he was complaining.

As she took her position behind Anton, to act as his LITERAL shadow, Celia's expression fell. "She's...going to follow him the whole time, isn't she?" Julius chuckled. "Oh, I do believe so. I think someone needs to explain to her what her actual duties are," though judging by his tone, the good doctor was more than happy to keep watching the comedy before him. Anton, however, wasn't going to have his second in command simply follow him around like that. He tried to turn to face her, though her constant movements to put herself behind him made things a little trick."Erm, Yumiko," he said, "I appreciate it, but you don't need to..."

He then trailed off. A feeling had struck him. A feeling that something very bad was about to happen.

"DESTROY BEEEEEAAAAM!"

"Get down!" Anton yelled out, moving without thinking and gripping hold of Yumiko, leaping out of the way just in time for a beam of light to crash into the deck where they had been standing, erupting into an explosion. Celia stumbled back in surprise as Julius gripped the railing. Anton landed on his feet, thankfully himself and the samurai safe. He looked around for the source of the attack, which was proven quite easy by the boisterous laughter coming from one of the masts.

Standing up high, looking down at them, were two people. One was a large, broad shouldered man, dressed in what had to be the most garish outfit Anton had ever seen. He was dressed like some kind of super hero, complete with a cape. The second was a lithe young woman, dressed in green and with short black hair. What caused her to stand out though was that her left leg was a sleek, white prosthetic.

Destroyman:

Holly Summers:

The large man laughed. "Well, I see you're not so slow on your feet as you look. I guess there's a reason we were picked for the job!" The woman sighed. "Yes, because him dodging your attack had nothing to do with you literally shouting it out to him."

Anton looked up at the pair. "Who the hell are you?" he yelled out. The large man gave a boisterous laugh. "We? We are-" He didn't get to finish because the woman smacked him upside the head, causing him to stumble. With a yell, the man fell from the mast, screaming all the way down before landing clumsily on the deck. Meanwhile, the woman lept down from the mast, landing rather gracefully next to her outlandish partner. The man rose to his feet, not much hurt from the fall, but more annoyed. "What did you do that for?" The woman scoffed lightly. "Because life is unfair, and I had to get paired up with you." She turned her attention to Anton and smiled. Despite the hint of malice behind it, she had a rather beautiful face. "And, as for your question, since you wont be alive long enough to care, I'll just give you the short of it. We're here to kill you."

Yep, just as Anton had thought. Something simply couldn't go by peacefully. There was always something to mess it up. Honestly, the fact that it was happening actually made Anton feel a little better.

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:57 am
Yumiko locked eyes with Anton the moment her name was called. Her first order from a new captain... Silently she swore she would follow it flawlessly. However, the abrupt pause left her just staring expectantly. Don’t need to... what exactly? There was no time to wonder about that when a sudden shout heralded a surprise attack. Before she could act, she was already grasped and dragged down. She rolled across the deck and landed on all fours, back arched and fangs bared. How had she missed their killing intent? Worse yet... Saved by her superior when she was supposed to be the one protecting him... Shame burned in her chest like hot coals. To atone, she should surely slice her stomach open. As soon as she had dealt with this threat.

Springing upright, the swordswoman swiftly stepped between the attackers and her superior. Their back and forth banter was met with an icy glare. Her hand hovered over the grip of her blade. “Sir, please allow me to handle these villains.” Oh yes, she fully intended to fight both of them. This was her purpose. Her duty. A deep breath filled her lungs as she puffed her chest and held her head high. “Villains, thy cowardly ambush ends here! Thou face Kamaitachi no Yumiko... a samurai of the Wano Country!” No, the word still stumbled over her tongue. She needed more practice. Perhaps she could allow herself a couple of minutes before her seppuku later.

Despite the brave declaration, however, Yumiko didn’t attack. Her gaze shifted between the enemies, before focusing on the woman. Her brow furrowed with hesitation. “But first... Take this and cover thy shame.” She took off her Marine coat and tossed it to the foe. ...Who simply watched it flop onto the deck right at her feet. An awkward pause meandered across the deck. “What.” Accompanied by a blank stare, the response came out too flat to really even count as a question. Yumiko answered anyway. “‘Tis an act of mercy. Thou clearly cannot afford naught but scraps of clothes. I shall not force thee to shame thyself any further.” She gestured towards the offered clothing very insistently.

And the awkward pause made another round across the area.

Now the lithe assassin’s eye twitched. What? Oh she had heard the weird woman alright, but she just couldn’t believe her ears. They were in the middle of an assasination and somehow her outfit was the problem? A light sigh escaped her lips. She cast a sideways glance at her partner in crime. “...Make yourself useful and finish the job.” Slowly, slyly, her lips curled into a venomous smile. “This one is mine.” Tracing a half-circle with her prosthetic foot, she assumed a steady stance and raised her fists. Likewise, the swordswoman gripped her blade and prepared herself, still intending to face both foes at once. Unfortunately for her, the enemies had different plans...

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:09 am
Anton La'croix uses
Fast Hopping - LT on self
Sonic Cutter - MT at Destroyman
Hopper Kick - LT at Destroyman
UT at Destroyman

Destroyman uses
MT at Anton
LT at Anton
LT at Anton
UT at Anton
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

Name : Variable
Epithet : Variable
Height : Variable
Weight : Variable
Species : Variable
Faction : Variable
Crew : Variable
Ship : Variable
Crew Role : Variable
Devil Fruit : Variable
Bounty : Variable
Balance : Variable

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:09 am
The member 'Anton La'croix' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 11, 4, 2, 9

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 3, 10, 4, 15
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:28 am
Destroyman couldn't help but let out a laugh at the exchange between the samurai and the assassin. Honestly, who'd have seen this coming? This MORE than made up for her knocking him off of the mast. "Oh, I'm SO telling the others when this job is over," he chuckled, before turning his attention to their real target, the marine captain standing before him. "But, first thing's first." He clenched his hands into fists, electricity charging around them as a wicked smile spread across his face. "DESTROY BLASTER!" He thrust his arms out, a blast of electricity launching out towards Anton. The marine made no sound, only shooting upwards into the air as the blast shot by underneath him. [Destroyman's MT - miss]

What came down was not the same man Destroyman had fired on. What landed was a tall, green insect man. Four arms, a pair of long, backwards jointed legs, and a pair of antennae poking out of his red hair. In his hands, Anton gripped his sword, ready for combat. His eyes were locked right on the garishly dressed assassin in front of him, wide and ready, adrenaline running through his veins, his mind running a mile a minute. [Fast Hopping - LT active].

Destroyman blinked, looking at the zoan in front of him before chuckling. "Well, guess what they said was true. They told us you had some sort of Devil Fruit. Well, let's see how you handle this!" He clenched his fists, electricity charging among them as he suddenly shot forward towards Anton, ready to strike him. Anton, without saying a word, brought up his sword and swung. Destroyman wasn't even near the blade, but the burst of compressed air caught him point blank in the sternum. The man letting out a yell as he was knocked back off of his feet, rolling along the ground before catching himself on his feet. [Destroyman's LT - missed] [Sonic Cutter - MT - hit]

Destroyman gave a caught, trying to catch his breath, the air knocked out of his lungs by the attack. "Ok, lucky shot...now, try thi-!" He was cut off by a loud cry coming from Anton, as suddenly the marine captain was on him, lashing out with a kick. Destroyman tried to respond, swinging an electrified fist out, but was stopped when Anton's foot caught him in the face with a powerful kick. [Destroyman's LT - miss] [Hopper Kick - LT - hit]

Destroyman stumbled back, yelling out in pain as he felt blood dripping from his nose. Dammit, he had been told this would be an easy job, and yet this damn marine was hitting like a truck. Letting out a growl of frustration, Destroyman launched himself at Anton, crashing bodily into his sternum to try and tackle him. The attempt hit, causing Anton to stumble back, but ultimately kept on his feet. Anton brought his sword up, coming down hard onto Destroyman's back with the handle of his sword. [Destroyman's UT - hit] [Anton's UT - hit] Destroyman grunted, the blow causing him to let go of Anton's waist as the marine jumped back, putting some distance between the pair of them.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:42 am
Yumiko uses LT "Defend thyself" on Holly Summers.
Yumiko uses LT Gale Warning on Holly Summers.
Yumiko uses LT Weasel's Tail on Holly Summers.
Yumiko uses UT on Holly Summers.

Holly Summers uses LT Guillotine Heel on Yumiko.
Holly Summers uses LT Cyber Knee on Yumiko.
Holly Summers uses UT on Yumiko.
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:42 am
The member 'Yumiko' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 10, 7, 8, 13

#2 'Reflex Check' : 6, 15, 10
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:50 am
The samurai’s cold composure faltered when the other foe... laughed at her. Puzzlement shone through the cracks on her stern expression. Had she said something amusing? Much to her immense dismay, said foe then ignored her challenge completely and rushed at her captain instead. “Hey!” As she shouted after him, hesitation froze her muscles. Her captain needed help... Or did he? He seemed to be handling the assault fine. And to interfere with a man’s duel was unforgivable. Yet so was letting her superior get hurt. The conflicting ideas clashed against each other hard enough draw sparks. In her imagination at least.

However, the swordswoman didn’t have time to assist her superior. The shadow of ill intent fell upon her. ...Also a very literal shadow. The assassin closed the distance with a deft leap. Twirling around in the air, she brought the sharp heel of her cybernetic leg down like a guillotine. [LT][Guillotine Heel] Sensing the imminent danger, the swordswoman barely avoided the strike. It left a clean hole on the deck, speaking volumes of the lethal power behind it. And the foe was far from done. Keeping the momentum, she lunged towards the marine and drove her metal knee into her gut. Hard. [LT][Cyber Knee] Her jaw dropped with a weak wheeze. Finally, a swift palm strike sent her tumbling back. [UT]

The assassin strutted closer, flexing her fingers. She stopped to loom over the fallen marine, savoring the moment. “What’s wrong? Run out of breath? Noble words to fail?” Her lips curled into a cruel smile when the samurai struggled back onto her feet. Oh the anticipation was just... delicious. Yumiko, meanwhile bowed her head. “I took pity on thee for thy unfortunate appearance... Forgive me.” As she regained her breath, her gaze hardened. “I shall not make that mistake again.” The foe’s smile vanished. “Oh my god... The small mutter come with the realization that this weirdo was STILL talking. “Villain, thy have proven thyself to be formidable! I commend thee, yet thy cowardly attack has consequences. Surely thou realize that this means war.” The swordswoman drew her blade with a dramatic flourish and pointed it at the killer.

[LT][“Defend thyself!”]

Distracted by the strange speech, the assassin could only stare incredulously. “...What is your deal? Seriously.” She had seen all sorts of nutjobs in her line of work, but this was new. The irritating kind of new. Naturally, Yumiko took that question too at face value. Clearly her opponent wanted to know about her ability, as was tradition in a duel. “My deal is wind.” As she spoke, the breeze started picking up, whirling around her. “Wherever it blows, there my blade shall cut. Observe.” She swung her sword, just barely out of reach.... And suddenly a minuscule cut appeared across the foe’s cheek. [UT] The villain blinked, brushing the red coloration gently trickling down.

“What the...?”

Suddenly the samurai flipped backwards, summoning a heavy gust of wind. [LT][Gale Warning] It launched the foe away, right into the main mast. She coughed from the bone-rattling impact. Without pause or mercy, Yumiko swung her blade in a wide arc. The air shimmered as she launched a blade of compressed, cutting wind at the downed target. [LT][Weasel’s Tail] A streak of red splattered across the deck, followed by a pained shriek. As any professional should have known, the tables could turn quickly...

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:16 am
Anton La'croix uses
Busoshoku Haki, active!
Sonic Blade - LT on self
Grand Strike - HT at Destroyman
UT at Destroyman

Destroyman uses
MT at Anton
LT at Anton
LT at Anton
UT at Anton
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:16 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 14, 11, 12

#2 'Reflex Check' : 20, 14, 15, 2
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:06 am
Destroyman cracked his neck as he slipped back into a combat stance. Ok, so he had underestimated his target a little bit. The bug man could hit harder than he expected. But, he didn't get to where he was by simply sticking to easy targets. If there was one thing to Destroyman, it was that he was good at DESTROYING things. And the bug was standing right in front of him. He had to hit him before he could react.

Power surged through his costume, focusing on one hand. "DESTROY CRUSHER!" he yelled out, firing off a blast of energy right at Anton. The marine brought his four arms up, just as the attack connected, kicking up a cloud of smoke with a loud 'boom!' [Destroy Crusher - Destroyman's MT - hit] Destroyman laughed. He had hit him! Now to keep the pressure up. Bringing up his hands, gun barrels poked out of the bracers on his wrists, firing a barrage of bullets right into the cloud where Anton was standing. [Destroy Barrage - Destroyman's LT - hit] The assassin was laughing like an absolute madman now. He through his arms out wide, and a pair of small gunbarrels projected out of his nipples (yes, nipple guns), and opened fired, launching another barrage of bullets right at Anton. [Destroy Sexy - Destroyman's LT - hit]

"Anton!" Celia yelled out, ready to run in to help her commander, when Julius grabbed her arm, holding her back. Don't be a fool Miss Stanson!" Julius said, though it was clear that he felt the same concern for Anton. Celia tried to struggle free from Julius' grip, as Destroyman stood there, laughing. "But he needs our..."

Suddenly, there was a sharp sound and the cloud of smoke burst away, revealing Anton still standing.

"...help?"

Destroyman stopped laughing as he saw the marine still standing. His clothes were a bit tattered from the attacks, but something...wasn't right. He was still standing, and his sword was stretched out. The air seemed to vibrate around the man. His face seemed completely blank. [Sonic Blade - LT active] [Busoshoku Haki - active]

Destroyman shook his head. No, he had just delivered a total smackdown on the marine. He couldn't let himself be psyched out now. Kicking off the ground, he shot towards Anton at high speed, fist drawn back, ready to punch. And as he closed in, his fist hit nothing but air. [Destroyman's UT - miss] And Anton was directly above him, sword held high over his head. Destroyman looked up, just in time to realize what was about to happen.

"Aw shit."

There was a scream of metal as the blow smashed a hole in the deck of the ship, sending Destroyman crashing down into the lower decks below. [Grand Strike - HT - hit] The assassin hit the ground hard, bouncing up into the air. And there was Anton, right beside him. Anton swung his sword, almost like a bat, catching Destroyman mid bounce, and sending him flying into a wall. [Anton's UT - hit]

Up on deck, Celia and Julius were completely gobsmacked. What...had just happened?

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:39 pm
Yumiko uses HT Final Mercy on Holly Summers.

Holly Summers uses LT Relentless Rush on Yumiko.
Holly Summers uses LT Snap Kick on Yumiko.
Holly Summers uses UT on Yumiko.
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:39 pm
The member 'Yumiko' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 13

#2 'Reflex Check' : 1, 3, 20
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:50 pm
Slowly the wounded assassin got back onto her feet, her glare burning with bitter disbelief. The wind blade had left a deep gash across her side. She clutched it weakly. A string of venomous curses dripped from her lips. The so-called samurai’s words echoed through her mind, throwing off her focus. Humiliation felt even worse than the wound. A simple job, they said... Just a scaredy-cat and a bunch of nobodies, they said... So how had it come to this?!

Yumiko pointed her blade at the foe. A pensive silence hung in the air. Finally she voiced a chilling question. “How would thou like to die?” The assassin hesitated, caught off-guard by the sudden reversal. “...What?” The question was met with an unwavering answer. “Do thou wish to die here, in the field of battle, or shall thou surrender and be executed later?” Irritation tugged at the foe’s eye. “Tch, quit underestimating me! I’ll never surrender!” Her cybernetic leg slammed against the deck, catapulting her towards the swordsman. She unleashed a relentless rush of strikes. [LT][Relentless Rush] Each one was delivered with deadly intent. Yet not a single one landed. The marine swayed back and forth in a mesmerizing motion, slipping past every punch. Enraged, the foe snapped her mechanical leg upwards with a devastating kick. [LT][Snap Kick] It too missed, as the swordswoman sidestepped past it.

However, as a final desperation move, the assassin threw a straight punch. [UT] Against all odds, it connected with a nasty crack. Almost like Yumiko didn’t even try to dodge... Her head jerked backwards from the impact. Blood trickled down her broken nose. But she didn’t back down even an inch. With a solemn sigh, she leveled her cold gaze at the enemy. “I understand.” She had never enjoyed this particular part of her duty, but... The foe had made a clear wish. It would’ve been shameful not to honor it. Her eyes narrowed as she gathered her focus. [HT][Final Mercy] In a blink, she vanished. A cold wind blew across the deck. A flash of steel.

And a spray of blood.

Yumiko reappeared in a blur. She flicked the crimson stains off of her blade and sheathed it slowly. Behind her, the foe collapsed like a marionette with broken strings. Limp and lifeless. It was over. “May thou find peace in the embrace of eternity.” With one assassin dead, her attention was drawn towards her captain. Worry still clawed at her mind, but... Suddenly she stepped in front of her allies. “Halt!” Arms spread, she blocked their path. No matter what they said, she wouldn’t let them take a single step forward. “Interfering with the duel of men... is unforgivable!” Her brow furrowed with unwavering resolve. “Thou must have utmost faith in thy captain!” She for one believed the captain could defend himself. In fact, surely he would have been angry if anyone else dared to get involved.

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:25 am
Anton La'croix uses
C Sharp - AoE at Destroyman
UT at Destroyman

Destroyman uses
HT at Anton
UT at Anton
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:25 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 2, 8

#2 'Reflex Check' : 6, 16
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:10 am
Anton's eyes were locked onto the assassin in front of him, as he struggled to get to his feet. Destroyman was battered, bruised, and certainly bleeding through his 'hero' outfit. Anton, on the other hand, seemed little worse for wear. His clothes were a bit torn up, true, but he still seemed in relatively good condition. Destroyman's eyes were wide with panic as he looked at the zoan marine in front of him. "Wh-What the hell is this?" he spluttered, backing up lightly against the wall, "Just what the hell are you!?" This was supposed to be an easy job, yet here he was, getting destroyed by this, this thing!

He wanted to run, but he found himself effectively cornered down here with this monster. He had to fight his way out! Energy started to charge around his codpiece. Well, he was going to let him have it! "DESTROY BEEEEAAAM!" The blast rocketed out towards Anton at high speed. And yet, the marine didn't seem to flinch. What he did instead was brush his legs together sharply, generating a piercing shriek, a shockwave that echoed out around him. The sound could even be heard up on deck. As the blast and the shockwave connected, the two forces canceled eachother out. [Destroy Beam - Destroyman's HT - miss] [C-Sharp - AoE - miss]

Destroyman tried to take advantage of the opportunity. He charged towards Anton, aiming a punch right for his face as he tried to run past. His fist connected, only to find it stop dead, barely causing Anton to flinch. [Destroyman's UT - hit] Anton moved before Destroyman had a chance to dodge. His sword came up, catching the assassin and sending him flying upwards, out of the hole in the deck and back up topside. [Anton's UT - hit]

Up on deck, Celia was stunned as the assassin went flying out, landing on the deck in a heap, followed shortly by Anton. The marine seemed in complete control over what was happening this fight. Something that was entirely new to Celia.

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:36 pm
Yumiko’s fierce focus faltered when a sudden shockwave shook the ship. Her gaze was drawn towards the source of the sound. That shriek sounded... familiar. “Captain...” She brought her restless hands together, trying to keep them away from the handle of her sword. Standing still and doing nothing felt like foul poison coursing through her veins. Yet... She couldn’t move. Honor and tradition shackled her. Even when the foe came flying onto the deck, she steeled her will and refused to budge an inch. Neither to help nor hinder. To finish off the wounded enemy now would have been cowardly. Doing so would bring dishonor upon not only herself, but the captain and the rest of the crew as well.

Ah, but there was one thing she could still do, wasn’t there...?

Suddenly the samurai faced her gawking allies again. Her steely gaze burned with strange sort of determination. “Our captain is fighting with all his might, but this foul villain is powerful!” The loud declaration of the obvious echoed across the whole ship. “We must cheer him on!” ...Yes, she was dead serious. She stuck her hands into her sleeves and with a swift flourish pulled out two small folding fans. White and blue in coloration, they featured the familiar Marine logo. It was best not to ponder too many questions, like why she even had something so odd. They would go unanswered.

The swordswoman assumed a dramatic stance, raising her fans and voice. “Sir Anton! Hang in there! Keep fighting!” Much to her shame, she had never quite learned the traditional dances, so she had to improvise. ...Which translated to a lot of stiff posturing and awkward flailing. She compensated with her lungs. “Fight, fight, fight!” By now half of the harbor was probably wondering about the racket. As she... erm... danced, the winds around her whirled as well, making her clothes billow. Yet she wasn’t satisfied with just this much support. Her intense gaze visited her allies. “Come now! Let thy voices be heard!” Still dead serious. Regardless of whether they joined in or not, she kept cheering until her voice turned hoarse. And then some more.

“Thou can do it! Hang in there!”

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:04 pm
Anton La'croix uses
Hopper Cannon - HT at Destroyman
Hopper Kick - LT at Destroyman
UT at Destroyman

Destroyman uses
MT at Anton
LT at Anton
LT at Anton
UT at Anton
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:04 pm

#1 'Reflex Check' : 18, 10, 5

#2 'Reflex Check' : 1, 3, 3, 19
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:24 pm
Yumiko's dance of support actually did more to soothe Celia's perception of things more than anything. Something strange and quirky in a harmless sense, compared to seeing Anton completely destroying his opponent. The marine said nothing, simply staring at Destroyman as he slowly pulled himself to his feet, panting and very, VERY badly hurt. His eyes fell on the still body of Holly. Damn, they had managed to take her out!? He looked back at the group before him. Now he was outnumbered 4 to one, two of which seemed in prime fighting condition, and that grasshopper was glaring right at him! Julius' nonchalant words didn't help matters.

"I appreciate your enthusiasm Miss Yumiko, but I'm getting the distinct impression that Anton doesn't need our help."

That seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back. "The hell with this!" he yelled out, clearly in a panic. This job was a total bust, and he wasn't going to sit here and die for nothing! He quickly turned, the jets he had in his boots firing up and launching him into the air. That grasshopper can jump high, but he doubted he could fly!

"Hey!" Celia yelled out, reaching into her coat to pull out her derringers. She was not about to let this man get away! She was stopped when Julius grabbed her arm. "Don't be so hasty Celia," the doctor said, gesturing towards their captain. Without a word, Anton fell back, catching himself on his four arms and pointing his legs up towards the retreating Destroyman. He was silent as he took aim, before suddenly, with a sharp movement of his legs, a blast of air shot out towards Destroyman. The assassin looked back just in time to be hit by the incoming blast. [Sonic Canon - HT - hit]

Destroyman was knocked out of the air, spiraling before he slammed into one of the smokestacks of the Grand Steamer, and falling to the ground like a ragdoll. Celia flinched as the defeated assassin hit the deck, unconscious. "Well...that certainly works."

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Revival Dawn on Discord