Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Rolls] Start me up!Today at 12:06 amRNGesus[Episode] Mink-staken IdentitySun May 05, 2024 4:03 amYumiko[Tracker] Othello DuvalFri May 03, 2024 4:30 amOthello Duval[World Event] A Fool's ErrandWed May 01, 2024 7:46 pmVolo Rosso[Bio] Othello DuvalWed May 01, 2024 10:48 amGray[Claims] Face ClaimsMon Apr 29, 2024 8:36 amGray[Episode] A unusual meet upSat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 amLavender[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:01 amMaxwell[Episode] [Transportation] A Grand OpeningMon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 pmSkoll
Go down
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
[tracker=/t544-anton-la-croix#2124]
Name : Anton La'croix
Epithet : Screaming Grasshopper
Height : 5'9''
Weight : 186lb
Species : Human
Faction : Marine
World Position : Rear Admiral
Crew : The Guardian Knights
Ship : The Grand Steamer
Crew Role : Captain
Devil Fruit : Bug-Bug Fruit, Model: Grasshopper
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (to all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)
Balance : [bel] 1,472,069,543
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[bookworm]][[childofdestiny]]
[[berryprinter]][[punchoutguru]]

[[improviseadaptovercome]]
Turf : [turf="/t299-turf-details-minion-island#1113"]Minion Island[/turf]

Second Strike [Arc Part 2] Empty Second Strike [Arc Part 2]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:08 pm
Arc Part 1: Here

"Ok, we've got some information on the assassins who attacked you." Celia said, standing in the doorway. The captain and the first mate's wounds hadn't been too bad, so they were patched up and recovering nicely. Anton and the others had been given accommodation in the town, just incase more assassins came to try and find him. They had figured moving him from the ship was a good idea.

Right now, the four of them were in a rather sizable suite in one of the inns. Anton looked up from his tea. "So, he woke up?" Celia shook her head. "He's still unconscious, but we managed to get some information on them. Apparently the two of them are members of a group of assassins, situated in the Grand Line." Julius blinked. "The Grand Line? Curious. Why would assassins from there be down here in the Blues?" Celia gave a shrug. "I'm not sure. But what I do know is that they're not the only ones. And, well, considering how they were beaten relatively easily, I'd say they're not the strongest the group has to offer."

Anton knew what this meant. "And there'll be more coming...when they find out the others failed." Celia nodded. "That would make the most sense. However, since the marines on the island know, we've got plenty of protection. We should be safe until that man wakes up, and we can find out who started all of this."

Indeed, it made sense. Once they found out who was behind the assassination attempt, they could try to arrest them. But, who could be sending assassins from the Grand Line after Anton?
Yumiko
Yumiko
[tracker=/t1347-yumiko#7408]
Name : Yumiko
Epithet : Kamaitachi
Height : 5'5'' / 165 cm
Weight : 128 lbs. / 58 kg
Faction : Civilian
Devil Fruit : Ita Ita no Mi, Model: Kamaitachi
Balance : [bel] 2,278,965,048
[[baneoftheweak]][[dragonheart]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[dulcetvirtuoso]]

Second Strike [Arc Part 2] Empty Re: Second Strike [Arc Part 2]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:33 am
Cologne, old alcohol, steaming hot tea... So many scents lingered faintly in the air, remnants of the other guests staying at the inn. Distractions, in other words. Yumiko had spent the better half of the morning trying to sniff out anything suspicious. While she couldn’t even begin to guess what an assassin smelled like, she could at the very least try to seek out their deadly tools. ...Well, until she realized her crewmate practically reeked of gunpowder. It clung to the short-haired woman like spicy haze, as if she was constantly carrying a small armory. ...Maybe she was? Another question for later. If she ever got a chance to ask.

Even though there were beds for everyone, the samurai had insistently spent the night outside of the room. To begin with, sleeping in the same room as her master was inappropriate at best and disrespectful at worst. Furthermore, someone had to keep watch. Thus she had slept in the hallway, sitting against the door. ...And scared a night guard witless in the process. The poor man had simply asked if she had locked herself out of the room when he found a blade pointed at his throat. Some reflexes were sharper than others. Of course she had apologized profusely afterwards.

The swordswoman snapped out of her thoughts. She had been staring silently at her cup of tea for a good while now. It had already gone cold, but she didn’t quite care. No, her mind was elsewhere entirely. While her physical bruises had been healed, the ones on her pride still remained. Her icy stare was drawn onto Anton. Worry sank its venomous fangs into her mind when she heard the deduction. More assassins were on the way... Exactly as she had fea- ...anticipated.

Yumiko took a sip of the tea, only to suppress a shudder. Hm, no, definitely should’ve drank it while it was still hot. She set the cup down and returned her steely gaze on her master. She could no longer remain silent. “Sir, with thy permission, I shall hunt down this group of assassins and ensure they shall bother thee no longer.” She wasn’t arrogant enough to think it would be easy... or that she would even return alive... But right now, a suicide mission sounded like the perfect way atone. “Sir, to begin the hunt, I would like to know thy foes. Anyone who might hold a grudge against thee.” Naturally, she never expected that her self-imposed mission to hunt an impossible prey might get rejected outright.
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix
Income Bonus : +0.15 (from world position); +0.16 (from turf); +0.20 (to all allies)

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:55 am
Anton appreciated her passion and desire to protect him. Honestly, kind of a first, considering whenever things went down, people expected him to throw himself into danger's path. It was a bit refreshing. However, Anton was immediately starting to see what was wrong with her plan. "I appreciate it, but we have no idea who these assassins are. I doubt they're all as flashily dressed as that one guy was." Anton let out a small sigh, "We can't just go around harassing people because we think they're assassins." Celia gave a small nod. That certainly made sense, and was quite mature of Anton to say so. The captain kept on speaking. "And in regards to people that would want me dead, I have no idea! I mean, I don't think I've made any enemies."

Indeed, this was a problem. Especially when it was compounded by one major fact. "The fact that these assassins come from the Grand Line complicates things further. We've never even been out into the Grand Line, so we don't know who out there would want Anton dead." Indeed, this was a total mystery. They were dealing with an enemy they had never heard of before, nor did they know why they were going through all this trouble to try and assassinate them. At the moment, it seemed like the best idea would be to wait it out. After all, numerous marines would be around to protect them, and it wasn't like the assassins knew where they were hiding.

Little did they know, outside of the inn, two mean were looking up at the building. Both were older gentlemen, one with brown hair and a mustache, dressed in a grey attire not too different to that of a cowboy, only without the hat.

Dr. Peace:

The other seemed less formal, dressed in a pair of grey, baggy pants and a red robe that was open, showing his thin, pale torso. His hair was a bright red, spiked up and including a goatee, and a series of tattoos were on his chest. A large, cleaver like blade was drapped over his shoulder.

Death Metal:

"This the place?" the swordsman spoke. The other man reached into his pocket, pulling out a note. "Yep, this is the place." He looked up at the hotel, "The information's pretty accurate." The swordsman nodded. "So, shall we go in, or?" The mustached man shook his head. "I have a better idea." He drew a gun, a gold plated revolver and fired it into the air. The gunshot was more than enough to get the nearby civilians to scatter.

And should be enough to draw out the marines inside.
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:51 pm
The samurai’s cold composure faltered. Her lips parted, wanting to protest but failing to find the words. Disappointment shined through the steely eyes. Not against the captain, mind you. Against her own ignorance. She quickly bowed her head. “Of course, sir. Thou are right.” As much as she hated to admit, it was impossible to hunt a prey she knew nothing about. Furthermore, bothering innocent bystanders in selfish pursuit would be unforgivable. Yet she couldn’t stand it... The feeling of sitting around and being so utterly powerless... It wormed its way through her mind, mocking her efforts. What good was her endless dedication if she couldn’t accomplish anything with it? Useless... Helpless... Worthless... Whispers of doubt haunted her ears.

Until a gunshot silenced them.

Yumiko’s eyes widened, burning with fierce determination. In fact, a vivid imagination might see flames in the place of her pupils. She immediately sprung up from her seat. “Sir, please stay here. Allow me to deal with this disturbance alone.” She gave her master a hasty bow. “If thou got hurt again... I could not forgive myself.” Despite her serious tone, a small, relieved smile rested on her lips. Suddenly the world made sense again. She had a direction, a target... and a purpose. Without wasting a moment -or waiting to hear what orders her superior might have had- she rushed out of the room.

Practically flying through the hallway and down the stairs, the swordswoman quickly burst out of the inn. Her eyes scanned the immediate area. The streets were quiet, nearly empty. Fortunately, the nearest civilians had scattered out of harm’s way. Her icy stare stopped on a peculiar duo standing right in front of the hotel. One was dressed in robes and tattoos much like a monk, yet wielded a blade better suited for a bandit. Another wore a suit that reminded her of a faraway land. Now there was the smoking gun... Literally. She could still smell the faint wisps rising from the barrel.

Yumiko grabbed her blade, itching to draw it. Her voice demanded the duo’s attention. “Halt!” However, Anton’s words echoed through her mind. ...Can’t just go around harassing people... Truly. Master was right, of course. These men were not necessarily assassins. She had a suspicion, but no proof. Thus she approached the peculiar duo with slow, meticulous steps. Her voice was calm, lacking any accusing edge. “Are thou the one who fired thy hand cannon? For what purpose have you come here?” They could have been simply bandits or rowdy thugs. Well, whatever they were, she would not let them anywhere near her captain. At least so she thought.
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:42 pm
Before Anton could call for her to wait, Yumiko was out the door. The woman was so eager to try and make amends for her 'failings' that she was willing to throw herself into danger blindly. Yet what she didn't seem to understand was that a captain was meant to look after their crew. How would Anton feel if she got herself hurt or worse on his behalf.

Outside, the two men eyed the samurai standing before them. Dr. Peace looked over the woman. "A Samurai from Wano with raven hair," the man mused, "That's definitely the one that took down Holly." Death Metal glanced at the building she came out of. "Which means that your captain is definitely inside there." He looked at Yumiko, "I would have thought he'd come running out along with you."

It was at that point a form lept out of the inn window, landing on the street below next to Yumiko. Anton La'croix rose to his feet, eyes locked on the two men in front of them. Dr. Peace chuckled. "Ah, there he is. Captain La'croix, the guy that took down Destroyman." Anton's eyes narrowed. "And I'm guessing you two are also...wait...he called himself Destroyman?" Any tension was broken by the the revelation of the assassin's name. Dr. Peace's own expression fell flat. "Yes, he actually calls himself that. Honestly, the guy's a bit of an embarrassment. Kinda glad you took him down."

Death Metal gave a small chuckle at the thought. "As pleasant as this conversation is, we really should get back to the task at hand." Compared to Destroyman, these assassins were downright polite.
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:26 am
Hearing the mysterious gunman musing out loud stopped Yumiko on her tracks. Her cold, suspicious squint melted away briefly. Now, having an armed stranger recognize you was often bad news, but... Being acknowledged as a samurai warmed her heart. Just a tiny bit. She puffed her chest proudly, unable to suppress the small smile visiting her features. “Thou are right. I am Kamaitachi no Yumiko, a proud samurai of Wano Country.” For once that word felt genuine as it left her lips. With a swift flourish, she drew her blade. A twisting gust rustled her clothes. “And I alone shall be thy opponent.” ...Or so she thought.

As soon as the samurai had introduced herself, a shadow landed next to her. Out of pure reflex, she pointed her blade towards it... Only to recoil upon recognizing her captain. She immediately withdrew her weapon from his throat. The sheer shock left her stuttering. “S-sir! B-but I... I asked thee to... to stay inside!” While the assassins and the captain exchanged some form of pleasantries, she placed herself between them. Assuming a steady stance, she kept her sword at the ready. Winds faintly whirled around her, making the dust dance. The warmth from before was suffocated behind a glare as harsh as cold steel. To be even slightly glad about losing an ally... That foul gunman was both heartless and honorless, the absolute worst kind of scum.

When the robed man suggested returning to the real reason why they were all here, the swordswoman reluctantly agreed. “For this once only, I admit thou are right. We shall end this hunt here and now.” Her icy stare slowly shifted between the assassins. She was trying to gauge which one of them was more dangerous. “If thou wish to assault my captain, thou have to go through me first!” The winds picked up, making her hair and clothes billow. She uttered a quiet plea to her superior she was trying so vehemently to protect. “Sir, please return to the room. I... cannot guarantee thy safety out here.” Simply admitting out loud cut like a blade through her chest. Some truths were painful. Sadly, her powers were not well-suited for protecting others. A storm could only spread destruction.

“Now... Surrender or face thy fate!”
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:39 pm
At Yumiko's protest about him being there, Anton turned his gaze towards Yumiko. "I wouldn't be much of a captain if I allowed my first mate to get herself hurt." he replied, giving her a small smile. "After all, a captain's duty is to look after his crew." He turned and glanced at the assassins. "Besides, I've honestly dealt with worse.

Dr. Peace rose an eyebrow, before giving a small chuckle. "Well, aren't you a confident one? The information we were giving said you were a complete coward. I can see now how you beat Destroyman and Holly." He glanced over at Death Metal as the swordsman stepped forward, his blade sitting on his shoulder as he eyed Yumiko. "I'll be your opponent today," he said, his voice calm as he looked right at her. Dr. Peace stepped out from behind Death Metal, looking right at Anton, "Which means you and me will be squaring off, captain."

Anton nodded, gripping his sword. "Yumiko, try your best to take them in alive," he said, not taking his eyes off of the assassin in front of him, "We can't learn who hired them if they're dead." Dr. Peace couldn't help but give a small smile. "Thinking of holding back huh?" he said, giving a small chuckle, "Be careful. Takes a good deal of skill to pull that off without handicapping yourself."

Anton only gave a silent nod as he and Peace squared off. The two of them were still for a moment, the tension between the two almost palpable.

"DRAW!"

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:50 pm
And other truths were more painful still...

Anthony’s response pierced through Yumiko’s heart, threatening to stop it in a single blow. She had no words, no arguments against it. The captain’s duty... Of course... It was so simple. Trying to deny him his duty was utterly dishonorable. Gritting her teeth, she averted her gaze. In her eyes, the captain shined brighter than the morning sun. Yet it was painful. Blinding. Knowing how she had inadvertently tried to snuff out that heroic radiance. How could she have been so selfish...? Would slicing her stomach open be enough to atone for this? She made a mental note to ask, once they had dealt with this threat.

The very instant the shock wore off, the samurai dropped to one knee and bowed her head. “As is thy will, sir!” Being ordered to take her foes alive was a first... But one she appreciated. Bloodshed was not something she ever wished. Slowly she straightened her back and faced her opponent. The assassin hoisted his huge blade with frightening ease, a proof of his power. “Should’ve stayed kneeling. It would’ve made this so much quick...” He trailed off, quirking a brow. An awkward pause filled the air.

“...What are you doing?”

Meanwhile, the swordswoman had just finished sheathing her blade again, inspiring the question in the first place. Bringing both hands to the grip, she brandished her blunt weapon much like it were a wooden practice sword. “As per my captain’s command, I shall catch thee alive.” She steadied her stance. “Behold the martial arts of my home country.” The foe’s calm demeanor deflated slightly. “Seriously?” She nodded. “Verily.” A deep sigh escaped the gray man’s lips. “Right... Your funeral.” But even that was taken at face value. “There won’t be one, as none shall die today. Come!” She was dead serious about facing a massive cleaver without even a single blade. ...Much to the exasperation of her opponent.

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:32 pm
Anton La'croix uses
Great Spear - MT at Dr. Peace
Fast Hopping - LT at Dr. Peace
Snap Kick - LT at Dr. Peace
UT at Dr. Peace

Dr. Peace uses
MT at Anton
LT at Anton
LT at Anton
UT at Anton
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

Name : Variable
Epithet : Variable
Height : Variable
Weight : Variable
Species : Variable
Faction : Variable
Crew : Variable
Ship : Variable
Crew Role : Variable
Devil Fruit : Variable
Bounty : Variable
Balance : Variable

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:32 pm
The member 'Anton La'croix' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 7, 16, 18, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'Reflex Check' : 19, 7, 19, 9
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:27 pm
Dr Peace was the first to move, drawing one of his revolvers. Anton pushed himself to move, to try and avoid the shot, but it seemed like Dr Peace was more than expecting it. The assassin quickly shifted his trajectory, firing the shot so the bullet caught Anton right in the shoulder. Anton let out a sharp groan of pain, stopping in place and clutching his bleeding shoulder. The pain almost caused him to drop his sword. [Dr Peace's MT - hit]

Dr Peace smirked. "Think you can just dodge bullets? I'm afraid I've got better aim compared to pirates in the Blues." Anton tried to ignore the pain in his shoulder. He hadn't slipped into his hybrid form, resulting in the attack hitting flesh. But he couldn't give into the pain. He needed to keep on fighting. "You're a good shot," Anton said between clenched teeth, "Well, let's see how you are at dodging!" Anton's body started to shift, changing from his human state to a more insectoid form. Kicking off the ground, he launched himself at Dr Peace. [Fast Hopping - LT active]

Dr Peace tried to take aim for another shot, but the grasshopper was moving faster than he counted on. Anton reared back his blade, thrusting outwards before him, as Dr Peace tried to jump back, to move out of his range. What the assassin hadn't counted on was the burst of air from the blade, extending out to spear him in the stomach. His eyes widened in pain, as his revolver fired, missing due to the blow. [Great Spear - MT - hit] [Dr Peace's LT - miss]

As Dr Peace stumbled back, Anton lashed out with his foot, a small burst of air coming from the foot and hitting the assassin right in his wounded stomach. Dr Peace let out a yell as he was knocked backwards, accidentally firing another shot, though this one managed to catch Anton in the arm. [Snap Kick - LT - hit] [Dr Peace's UT - miss]

Dr Peace managed to regain his footing, just in time for Anton to come at him, kick ready to strike. He quickly shifted to the side, causing Anton's foot to slip past him. Twisting his arm, Peace fired his revolver, point blank into Anton's leg, earning a cry of pain from the marine. [Dr Peace's LT - hit]

Dr Peace jumped back as Anton tried to recover from the pain. "Not...bad..." he said, catching his breath, "But this fight ain't over yet." Anton was gritting his teeth, trying to fight through the pain as he looked over at the assassin. "I know. It's never that easy, is it?"

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:27 am
Yumiko uses LT Gale Warning on Death Metal.
Yumiko uses LT Weasel's Tail on Death Metal.
Yumiko uses LT Storm Chaser on Death Metal.
Yumiko uses UT on Death Metal.

Death Metal uses LT Cross Cleave on Yumiko.
Death Metal uses LT Cross Cleave on Yumiko.
Death Metal uses UT on Yumiko.
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:27 am
The member 'Yumiko' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 3, 19, 14, 4

#2 'Reflex Check' : 4, 7, 8
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:49 am
With calm, careful steps the assassin started prowling around his prey. He let his blade scrape against the paved street. Unlike some of his colleagues, he wasn’t impatient or foolish enough to rush in blindly. There was a certain rhythm to these things, you see... Yumiko, meanwhile, held her ground. Only her gaze followed the man’s motions. She focused her senses on his presence, the scent and the sound. He smelled of blood. The kind of faint, lingering stench that never washed away completely. She hated how familiar it smelled. Closing her eyes, she purged the unnecessary thoughts from her mind. Only the presence remained.

Suddenly the foe closed the distance with a quick dash. He swung his cleaver upwards in an angle. [LT][Cross Cleave] Keeping the momentum, he slashed downwards in an opposing angle. [LT][Cross Cleave] The swift motions painted gleaming slashes in the air, taking the shape of a slanted cross. Yet Yumiko deftly stepped past both. The samurai responded with a quick smack against his ribs. [UT] He coughed and took a step backwards, trying to squeeze in one more haphazard strike. [UT] It was deflected by a sudden blast of wind, knocking him further off-balance. [LT][Gale Warning] He corrected himself just in time to avoid a second hit from the blunt weapon. ...Or so he thought. However, the wind stirred by the sword kept chasing him and knocked back first into the nearest building. [LT][Weasel's Tail] Their clash resembled a violent dance, having a clear rhythm both fighters understood. Step, step, spin and... Strike!

Pressing the advantage, the samurai launched herself forward to pin the foe against the wall. [LT][Storm Chaser] Another painful smack left a red bruise on the man’s gray visage. Though the stars twirling around his head were distracting, his stance didn’t falter. This... was just a minor setback... His cold eyes focused on the woman before her. “Heh, I’m starting to see how you managed to beat Hollie.” Suddenly his free hand gripped the samurai’s sheathed sword. And clung on tightly... “But you are sorely mistaken if you think I’ll be as easy.” His attempt to wrestle the weapon away, however, was met with fierce resistance. Disbelief cracked his icy composure. It... wouldn’t... budge...

“I say the same to thee.”

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Yumiko on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing a mistake with damage calculations.)
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:31 am
Anton La'croix uses
Sonic Blade - LT on self
Grand Strike - HT at Dr Peace
UT at Dr Peace

Dr Peace uses
MT at Anton
LT at Anton
LT at Anton
UT at Anton
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:31 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 6, 9, 7

#2 'Reflex Check' : 8, 4, 16, 8
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:54 am
As the battle between the two swordsman raged nearby, Anton and the gunman squared off. Both had taken painful hits already, but bother were ready to keep on going. Dr Peace couldn't help but chuckle. "I'm starting to see why someone wants you dead." The assassin replied, casually starting to reload his revolver, "People think you're a coward, but I'm starting to see that that's a lie." Anton kept his eyes locked on him. "Actually, they're not wrong." Dr Peace quirked an eyebrow. Anton continued. "I know what I am. A nervous wreck. Every day I wake up wondering what's going to happen to me. Hell, even now I'm scared." Dr Peace took a moment to realize that Anton was indeed trembling. It was travelling down his body down to his sword, the metal vibrating rapidly. [Sonic Blade - LT active]

"But the difference between then and now. Now I at least know what's trying to kill me. In a sense, it's almost a relief. I know exactly what I need to do, instead of waiting for it to come out of the shadows." Dr Peace  blinked again before smirking. "Sounds like a natural born fighter to me." Anton shook his head. "No, just someone who hates suspense."

Dr Peace quickly brought up both revolvers, opening fire, both bullets aimed for Anton's sternum. But Anton quickly wheeled to the side, avoiding the shot before suddenly charging towards Peace. [Dr Peace's MT - miss] Dr Peace stepped back, trying another shot, only for Anton to shoot up into the air, the bullet whizzing by underneath. [Dr Peace's LT - miss] Anton brought his sword up, before coming down fast. Dr Peace barely moved just in time to avoid the brunt of the attack, the sword catching him along his right arm. The assassin let out a should of pain. [Grand Strike - HT - hit (graze)]

Peace growled in pain, taking all his strength just to not drop his gun. He brought up his other gun, taking aim at Anton and firing. From this close, the shot couldn't miss, catching Anton in his wounded shoulder. Anton grit his teeth and hissed in pain. [Dr Peace's LT - hit] Anton kicked off the ground, closing in on the 'doctor' as he prepared for another shot. Swinging out with his sword, he caught Peace in the side, causing his own shot to go wide and graze the side of Anton's face. [Anton's UT - hit] [Dr Peace's U- hit (graze)]

Both men stumbled back from eachother, Anton bringing a hand up to his face, while Dr Peace clutched his side. They stared at eachother, before the assassin gave a small, rueful chuckle. "Well, guess I deserved this. After all, I went and blew the element of surprise."

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Anton La'croix on Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:07 am
Yumiko uses LT Sickle Wind on Death Metal.
Yumiko uses LT Rushing Gust on Death Metal.
Yumiko uses UT on Death Metal.

Death Metal uses LT Heavy Headbutt on Yumiko.
Death Metal uses LT Wide Arc on Yumiko.
Death Metal uses UT on Yumiko.
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:07 am
The member 'Yumiko' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 'Reflex Check' : 19, 1, 10

#2 'Reflex Check' : 8, 1, 19
Yumiko
Yumiko

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:56 am
Now, with the assassin pinned against the wall, Yumiko allowed herself a quick glance towards her captain, just to check how he was faring. A costly decision. Upon seeing that he had gotten wounded again, her eyes widened and focus faltered. Those haunting whispers returned... She should have been by his side... Bled on his behalf... The trained killer took note instantly. His free hand snapped into a firm fist and lodged itself deep into the woman’s gut. [UT] She coughed. Gasped. Staggered. However, the sudden jolt of pain also knocked all distractions right out of her mind.

And the dance continued.

Pressing the advantage, the foe stepped forward like a charging bull. [LT][Heavy Headbutt] His skull clashed against the blunt sheath, blocked at the last second. Undeterred, he swung his heavy blade in a wide arc. [LT][Wide Arc] The samurai suddenly bounced backwards. Whirling winds launched her high into the skies, far out of reach. But... The assassin didn’t seem to mind. Both of his attacks missed their mark, yes, but he had gotten some sorely needed breathing room. With an eerie glint in his eye, he turned his focus onto their real target... Anton. That back turned to him looked so inviting. Just one strike from a blind spot could turn this whole fight around. He hoisted his blade... And dashed!

Floating up above like a living kite, Yumiko narrowed her gaze. Sharpened her focus. She brought her sword to her side. In a single flowing motion, she drew it, slashed and sheathed it again. ...Well, mimicked such motions at least. Down below, a sudden gust of wind gathered dust into the vague shape of a sheathed sword. It smacked the rushing killer right in the face, stopping his surprise attack short. [LT][Sickle Wind] Before he could recover, the flying woman swooped down and tackled him to the ground. [LT][Rushing Gust] With a pained grunt, he tried and failed to catch himself before hitting the pavement. “Gah, you’re a quick one...” When he put up a fierce struggle, she served him one more smack with her weapon. [UT] “Stay down, lest thou get hurt.” Her command was calm and firm, reminiscent of a mother big sister treating a child. But would it be enough...?

COMBAT TRACKERS:

Last edited by Yumiko on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing a mistake with damage calculations.)
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:57 am
Anton La'croix uses
Sonic Cutter - MT at Dr Peace
Iron Exoskeleton - LT on self
Snap Kick - LT at Dr Peace
UT at Dr Peace

Dr Peace uses
HT at Anton
UT at Anton
NPC
NPC
NPC
Tracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:57 am

#1 'Reflex Check' : 1, 11, 16, 7

#2 'Reflex Check' : 15, 6
Anton La'croix
Anton La'croix

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:26 am
Dr Peace was hurting. This was certainly a tougher job than he had anticipated. But, then again, this career wouldn't really be satisfying if it was easy. Killing a man who couldn't fight back was one thing. Beating someone who could fight on your level was much more satisfying. His arm was in pain, his muscles tightening painfully as he tried to keep some strength in it. He really needed to turn things up a bit if he was going to avoid being in a jail cell.

"Well then..." Peace murmured, preparing his guns, "How about this for a surprise!" And then, pushing all his strength into his arms, he opened fire. But not at Anton. He started firing in all directions, bullets skillfully ricocheting off of walls and lamp posts, all bouncing right back at Anton from all sorts of angles. Faster than Anton could dodge. Anton braced himself, his exoskeleton hardening as the bullets rained down on him. Despite the added protection though, the bullets hurt, his green shell-like skin cracking under the painful onslaught. [Iron Exoskeleton - LT active] [Dr Peace's HT - hit]

As the sound of the shots echoed in the air, Peace charged towards Anton. He was out of bullets, but he wasn't going to allow a chance like this to slip away from him. Closing in on Anton, he swung one of his revolver's at him, aiming to pistol whip him. Anton shifted to the side, only for the gun to catch him right in the side of the face. [Dr Peace's UT - hit (graze)]. Anton spun in place, lashing out with a leg to catch him in the stomach, causing him to stumble back. [Anton's UT - hit]. Before he could recover, Anton shot out a leg towards him, a burst of compressed air catching Dr Peace and sending him rolling back. [Snap Kick - LT - hit]

Dr Peace rolled along the ground before springing back to his feet. His stomach hurt, but it seemed he got the better of this little exchange. Anton was hurting, and bleeding. But he couldn't let himself get confident. A fight like this could go in either direction at the drop of a hat.

COMBAT TRACKERS:
Yumiko
Yumiko