Revival Dawn - One Piece RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Account

Latest topics
[Episode] A unusual meet upToday at 12:14 amLavender[Arc] [Rubeck Island Conquest][Part 2] Last Tango in Rubeck Yesterday at 7:01 amMaxwell[Episode] [Transportation] A Grand OpeningMon Apr 22, 2024 3:00 pmSkoll[Board] Quest Requests and Quest GradingsSun Apr 21, 2024 11:24 pmGray[Market] [Shop] The Shop of DreamsSun Apr 21, 2024 11:19 pmGray[Episode] The Bloody ChamberSun Apr 21, 2024 12:31 pmNoah[World Event] A Fool's ErrandSun Apr 21, 2024 6:44 amYumiko[Market] [Trade] Trading ForumSat Apr 20, 2024 5:47 pmGray[Episode] Ancient Blood ArisesSat Apr 20, 2024 4:11 pmNaoki
Go down
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox
[Saga] The Dark Parade - The Diagnosis [Part I]   G7UGK6I
[tracker=/t980-castor-o-nox#4771]
Name : Castor O. Nox
Epithet : Sanpaku | The Azure Pheasant | Duke Of Lvneel | Saint Nox
Height : 5'9"
Weight : 175lbs
Species : Three-Eye Tribesman
Faction : Pirate
World Position : Blockbuster
Alliance : -
Crew : Nox Pirates
Ship : The Wailing Calamity
Crew Role : Captain | Navigator | Book Collector | Pride Sin
Devil Fruit : Goro Goro no Mi
Bounty : [ber=r] 620,000,000
Quality Score : S
EXP Bonus : +0.20 (To all allies)
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf); +0.10 (Blockbuster); +0.20 (To all allies)
Shop Discount : -20%
Crew Pool : [bel=u] 96,000,000
Balance : [bel] 2,470,815,020
[[baneoftheweak]][[riseandshine]][[dreamsneverdie]]
[[bookworm]][[untouchable]][[childofdestiny]]
[[punchoutguru]][[berryprinter]]

Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

[Saga] The Dark Parade - The Diagnosis [Part I]   Empty [Saga] The Dark Parade - The Diagnosis [Part I]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:22 am
Quest Details:

[Saga] The Dark Parade - The Diagnosis [Part I]   B4bcd52f67720f0edc7c598a08b1e863

Sanpaku (산빠쿠)

Since the economic boom due to the wine trade, the island that had been riddled with political corruption and prejudice had been slowly changing.

The newly appointed Dukes and Duchesses, too, took on their predecessors' mistakes head-on and sought to create a balance between nobility and common folk. Many citizens sold off their land to the crown in exchange for a hefty payout, allowing Lvneel to be truly transformed into a vineyard country.

Chateau Flume Rose became a staple in North Blue restaurants and even more so in the homes of the North's most elite. However, while the country repaired itself socially, economically, and politically, a new danger loomed on the horizon.

A letter arrived at Castle Rose, branded with the Flevance Royal Seal. Within the Queen's Chambers, alongside her most trusted Sir Bearington, Annabelle examined its contents.

With noticeable tension building with every second, Bearington inquired about the broody expression on her face.

"What seems to be the problem, Anna?" Bearington inquired, one hand resting on his blade's hilt and the other nursing a tobacco-filled pipe.

"According to this letter, the Queen of Flevance intends to make a visit to Capital Rose. She claims it is to negotiate our long-standing peace treaty."

"I see. However, the treaty isn't bound by any clause of time. Especially with the recent grave-robbing incident, the timing is indeed strange."

Handing the letter over to Sir Bearington, "It's the ending that's even more alarming."

" 'Refusal of this invitation will be taken as Lvneel's admission to harboring pirates related to the abduction of my husband.' That's a bit of a stretch. She could've just said she believes we're associated with pirates. She's a bold one indeed."

"It seems some turbulent times are among us. Alert the various Dukes and Duchesses of this new development. We'll house the Queen in our estate's flower garden."

The Island of St. Poplar - A New Haven for Pirates

After the Nox Pirates had been arrested, a riot broke out in the streets of St. Poplar. Their new saviors had been wrongly detained, and the people of Saint Poplar who'd been tired of Hornigold's rigid reign didn't quite like the idea of returning to noble rule.

However, this all proved to be a ruse. Castor had already planted the seeds of betrayal and, using his connections within the church, all of the Nox Pirates were anointed as Saints and, by St. Poplar law, were absolved of any criminal records on the island.

The noble's leader, Seraphina, was detained instead and forced to join the Church's Nun Organization.

Pirates across the neighboring Sea Train Routes heard of Roji's win over the former Vice Admiral, and with yet another powerful pirate under the Nox's umbrella, their infamy skyrocketed.

The once peaceful streets of St. Poplar were now a mixed bag of chaos and party culture. Duke took control of the mess, recruiting new members to the crew as 'Apostles,' keeping the church-like theme and giving them regions to break up spats across the island.

Nox's vision for the island was for citizens and pirates to coexist and make money from each other. A rough start to the murderous pirate's idealistic goal. With that, one week has passed.

St. Poplar - N1 Base, formerly the Marine Base on the island.

Nox sat on the infirmary table as Lucky conducted his examination. Castor spent most of his time reading during these seemingly random examinations by Lucky, but he'd always given his crewmates free rein to do as they pleased.

The conclusion that Lucky had arrived at left hairs on his body standing at attention.

Noticing the perturbed look on Lucky's face, "What seems to be the problem, Doc?"

Closing his book, Lucky now had his undivided attention.

"It's a miracle you're even still alive. I just can't believe it. Several fractures, which pretty much have contributed to your disfigurement, but that's not even the most disturbing part of this diagnosis."

"I have been going from one battle to the next. Honestly, after Lvneel, I promised to rest a bit, but that never panned out."

"Rest? You should've gotten a proper check-up! Look, I'm going to speak frankly. Your nervous system is shot. You need some serious downtime. If you get into any more serious brawls, the only thing you'll be rewarded with is a casket."

The urgency on Lucky's face resonated with Nox. He hadn't really cared about taking care of himself; it was always one plot after the other. However, the urgency in Lucky's voice truly alerted him to a fact: he'd never really cared about his own health.

"When I joined this crew, you gave me the whole speech about using you as a tool to accomplish our goals. My goal is to save lives.

As many as I can by opening my own clinic on the seas. Mink or Non-Mink, whether you're here or not, I'll still be a doctor. That's just my way.

However, if you truly want to be alive to see my dream come through, I'm banning you from fighting for the next thirty days."

"A whole month? That's impossible. As pirates, we don't have that luxury."

"I'm not sure if this has sunk into your head yet, but as a pirate captain with two turfs under your belt, you do. You have more than enough capable personnel."

"Unfortunately, I don't have a month to wait around." Jazzy announced, removing her camouflage as she'd strut in her elongated heels towards Nox. "My munchkin, I need to make sure she's safe now. Give the order, Nox. Let me take some of our men and chart us a map towards Karakuri."

"Negative. I'm not letting you swim towards such an obvious trap alone. We should-"

"We?!" Jazzy declared, scooping up Nox by the collar of his kimono, "I'm not some chess piece you can move around on that little board in your head. I don't want to hear any plans, I want action. If you can't help me save Yoko-"

Breaking apart the two, Lucky interjected using his electro to shock Jazzy off Nox's garment.

"Both of you relax! I'm not quite sure of the situation, but Jazzy, whatever it is you need done now, Castor can't be a part of it."

"Jazzy, give me until the end of today. I'll issue my command by then."

"Just know this, Nox. I'm going with or without your help. I've been alone most of my life, I don't mind going back to things being that way."

@Thrash  @Rowan Roji

Word Count: 1,082

Castor'sTracker

Last edited by Gray on Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated Thrash's difficulty score)

[tracker=/t2685-tracker-ooba-thrash#17364]
Name : Thrash
Epithet : “The Typhoon”
Height : 13’7”
Weight : 1,602
Species : Oni-Giant/Shandian
Crew : (Formerly Wild Hunt Pirates)
Ship : N/a
Devil Fruit : Tori Tori no Mi ; Model Thunderbird
Bounty : [bel=r] 165,081,000
Balance : [ber] 50,000
[[dragonheart]][[hardboiled]]

[Saga] The Dark Parade - The Diagnosis [Part I]   Empty Re: [Saga] The Dark Parade - The Diagnosis [Part I]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:22 am
St. Poplar, a small island that has known many leaders in its long history. A history that was recently rewritten by a power-hungry imp and his vast army of pirates.

A week had passed since the arrival of the Nox Pirates and only a day since their takeover of the island and its government was completed.

With open arms, the majority of the population openly accepted the authority of their new "saints" without question, though with any regime change, dissidents lurked in the dark corners of the island.

"It's disgusting.." A large man with scarred pale skin snarled as a billowing cigar dangled from his lips. "Fucking pirates declared as saints and heroes...." he clenched his fist and pounded the table in front of him.

"We are the fucking heroes....!"

"You mean, we were heroes..." A dark skin man with white eyes barked back. "Now we ain't nothin' more than a pariah. Forced to hide in the sewers like rats."

"Tch...!" The man gritted his teeth, "We will make those fuckin pirates pay with blood.. It's the only way to restore order to this hellhole!

"Blood for blood, yeah, I'm sure that won't go wrong in any way."

"You got a fuckin problem, eh?! You wanna be the first one to pay in blood or what?!"

"I'd like to see you fuckin try." He snickered in response. "Be careful or I'll whip you like those pirates did."

"Why you..?!"

"Now, now boys..." A woman mused as she emerged from the shadows, her fingers drifting along the broad shoulders of the cigar-smoking man.

"This is exactly what those nasty pirates want." Continuing as her voice soothed the beasts into submission. "Them, up there, ruling like the kings they believe themselves to be. And us, down here, living amongst the rats as you say.."

"Wouldn't you agree?"

"Y...Yes ma'am.."

"Yeah..."

They both begrudgingly responded, neither able to resist the charms of the woman known as Seraphina.

"You see, they may be sitting pretty up there now..." Taking a seat at the table, directing the two men to do the same. "But Nox made one fatal mistake in his little conquest..." Her demeanor changed as her words slowed down, the scorn in her voice deepening with every breath.

"He left me alive after screwing me over..."

"Hell yeah, leaving us alive was a mistake too..!" The passionate man shouted as he shot to his feet, pounding on the table once again.

"Sit down Captain Yang.." Seraphina glared, her sharp purple eyes prompting the man to quietly take his seat once more.

"Now, as I was saying..." Seraphina glanced over at Captain Ying, ensuring he was not as boisterous as his partner. "That dwarf miscalculated greatly and that will be his downfall. He believes the nobility supports him, no, they fear him."

"We must take that fear away. Without it, he has nothing. He is nothing..."

Seraphina unrolled a map of the island on the table and began placing small stones at key points along major routes and cities.

"Think of these as stepping stones." She smirked, "Stones that will systematically break that short little bastard and his hold on this place..."

Streets of St Poplar | Market Bazaar

"Get outta 'ere..!" A man shouted, chasing a skinny lad out of his shop with a broom.

"Alright, alright! I'm going already!"

"And don't come back now, ya'ear!"

"Yeah, yeah, I hear ya old man... tch!" Stuffing his hands into his dirty, patchwork trousers he started down the stone street. Life had been hard since the takeover by the pirate crew led by the blockbuster Castor O. Nox. Though, his so-called apostles would tell you differently.

"Pay up or turn back!" A large man clad in the Nox colors grunted as an elderly woman.

"B-but... I n-need to..."

"I don't care what you need..!" The apostle shouted, smacking the brown bag of vegetables from the woman's hands. "Pay the toll or crawl back to your hole!"

"Fofofofofo! Nice rhyme my guy!" Another apostle chuckled as he approached the scene. "Well, well, what do we have here, eh?" Picking up an item from the ground and taking a bite out of it before spitting it back out.

"Yuck...!" He shouted in disdain, "This is the worst apple I've ever had!"

"That's because it's an onion ya schmuck..!" The skinny lad shouted out as he ran to the grandma's defense.

"What did you say, shrimp?!" Chucking the onion at the boy's head.

"She's just an old hag, you dirtbag bullies." The boy snarled at the much larger apostles. "You think just cause pirates are in charge you guys can do whatever you want...!"

"Fofofofofo! That's exactly what it means, you snot-nosed brat!" A swift kick connected with the lad's abdomen before another strike followed up on his back.

"Yoyoyoyoyo!" The other apostle laughed as he joined in on kicking the shit of the boy who had the courage to stand up to them.

An ass-kicking that would last several minutes before the pair of apostles grew bored and went on their way.

The boy lay unconscious on the stone ground as the elderly woman who had remained unharmed looked down upon him with pity.

"Poor lad..." She mumbled, picking up her groceries one by one. "Courage will only take you so far.."

WC 886/20,000

Last edited by Thrash on Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rowan Roji
Rowan Roji
[tracker=/t2320-roji-superior#14003]
Name : Rowan Roji
Epithet : Roji of the Morning Dew | Saint Rowan
Height : 6'2" | 188 cm
Weight : 215 lbs. | 97 kg
Species : Human
World Position : Supernova
Alliance : Nox Prime
Crew Role : Vice Captain | Envy Sin
Bounty : [ber=r] 237,000,000
Quality Score : B
Income Bonus : +0.42 (Turf)
Shop Discount : -10%
Balance : [ber] 698,067,971
[[hardboiled]]
[[improviseadaptovercome]]
Turf : [turf="/t296-turf-details-lvneel#1110"]Lvneel[/turf] [turf="/t309-turf-details-st-poplar#1124"]St. Poplar[/turf]

[Saga] The Dark Parade - The Diagnosis [Part I]   Empty Re: [Saga] The Dark Parade - The Diagnosis [Part I]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:55 pm
Spring Island St. Poplar | Saint Maria | Lunar Woods

A pair of heavy footsteps crushed the ever-growing underbrush of the forest. Covered in a strange camouflage, a large figure ripped into his satchel and yanked out a weathered map.

[npc=bhun]“Jenkins, are you sure we got the right directions?”[/npc] The heavy-set hunter held the map up to an extremely short butler seated on the man’s shoulder, “Hmmm” The butler sat confused for a moment before taking the map for himself, “Jay… Why is the map upside-down again?” Jay snatched the map back and brought it closer to his eyes, “Look in the corner, see how it says St. Poplar? If you can’t read it, that means it’s not facing the right way.”

Crumpling up the map in his oversized fist, Jay punched into the nearest tree, causing it to crash into the ground, [npc=bhun]“Jenkins, the only reason I brought you along is because-”[/npc] Jay cut himself off abruptly and placed Jenkins on the ground, [npc=bhun]“I got a better idea!”[/npc] The butler began to sweat, “Not again…” The hunter approached a nearby bush and placed his hand on it. After a few seconds, the shrub’s branches began twisting and turning, interlocking and changing shape into what could only be described as a slingshot.

[npc=bhun]“Well, you know the drill buddy! Sayayayaya!”[/npc]

Jenkins wanted nothing more than to turn tail and book it, “This really doesn’t seem like a good idea. Maybe I should look at the map again!” After finishing his finicking with the slingshot, Jay approached the man and shoved the map into his chest, [npc=bhun]“Good call Jenkins! You might be able to figure out where we are if the map is with you!”[/npc] The butler shook his fist at his much larger associate, “You know that's not what I meant!”

Jay picked the butler up and placed him in the leafy middle of the slingshot, [npc=bhun]“Quit your bellyaching, you’ll fly a lot farther than me anyways”[/npc] The hunter stepped back until his creation was stretched to its limits, [npc=bhun]“Give me a call once you make you find something! Sayayayayaya!”[/npc]
Jenkins looked back, sweating profusely, “Just wait a seconnnnnnnnnnnd!”

Releasing his hold on the strange contraption, Jenkins was sent rocketing up and away from the woods. Placing a hand on the slingshot, it slowly reverted to its original form.

[npc=bhun]“I guess I’ll head that way too.”[/npc] Jogging away, Jay reached into his satchel again and pulled out a wanted poster, [npc=bhun]“Roji of the Morning Dew… This kid doesn’t look like he’s worth 237,000,000 berries…”[/npc]

St. Poplar | Streets Near N-1

“It still feels weird...”

Rowan had found himself seated atop one of the taller buildings near the former marine base. Following the St. Poplar’s Fire Incident, a number of the more marine-friendly folk decided to flee while they still could. And seeing how quickly pirates had arrived to hide under his captain’s jolly roger, the rookie supernova couldn’t blame them.

This building in particular seemed to be a dojo, though Rowan doubted he could have learned anything from a martial artist that was afraid of a few more pirates walking around. Regardless, Rowan thought it was nice to have a place to train away from his ruthless teachers, Newport and Jazzy. Unfortunately, it seemed as though the Envy Sin could never stay unbothered for long.

Looking to the street below, another crowd of people had gathered to see the island’s liberator. After the first couple of times, the young pirate realized that it made more sense to just let everyone find him. Especially the challengers, at least a couple of times a day since the island was put under new management, some knuckleheads had hunted Rowan down to defeat him. Of course, all of them had failed, but even a single bruise or scrape left on Rowan hurt his pride immensely.

Down in the middle of the crowd, a green-haired, bearded man waved around his gargantuan axe, “You think you’re so tough just cuz you beat a couple retired has-been marines!? Those geezers were probably on their deathbed anyways! I coulda beat them twice as fast as you did!”

Insults like this were nothing new from Rowan’s doubters. Of course, that didn’t mean they didn’t bother him. It took Castor, Newport, and Jazzy to defeat Hornigold and his Heavenly Senses, The Envy Sin couldn’t just sit back and let his friends be disrespected. Once Rowan decided to jump down, the locals had already cleared an opening for the upcoming brawl.

Taking out a tonfa, Rowan extended it to its full length of twelve feet and used it to slow his descent to the ground, “Since you're so confident, feel free to go first.” The bearded challenger lunged towards the Envy Sin, aiming directly for the supernova’s face. But by the time the axe had reached where Rowan stood, he was already gone.

Appearing on top of the vagabond’s axe, Rowan stifled a laugh, “That was a pretty bad attempt, but I give you props for fighting me on my home turf anyways!” The Envy Sin took out one of his tonfas and took a small seed from one of its many compartments, “So you can fight this guy for round two” Flicking it at the man’s head, Rowan watched as the seed exploded out into a massive, flytrap-like plant. “Sudden Forest: Venus Dragonfly!”

As the onlookers tried to make sense of Rowan’s victory, a strange but familiar figure watched from the shadows, “I think that’s him, Our intel was right about those plants of his.”

A winded voice spoke on the other end [npc=bhun]“About time. You think he ate a devil fruit?”[/npc] A short pause took place until Jay caught his breath again, [npc=bhun]“How far did you end up? Don’t tell me you started flying too!?”[/npc]

Jenkins smirked, “I don’t think so, but it’s not anything I’ve seen before” The butler zoomed out his binoculars, “Of course I flew, Do you think I’m just going to let myself crash into the ground? This is why I always tell you-”

[npc=bhun]“OK! Enough! Just tell me where he is already!”[/npc]

Jenkins huffed in irritation, “He’s near G-43. Just keep going forward, and don’t waste time! Kaccha~”

Word Count:

Last edited by Rowan Roji on Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:21 am
[Saga] The Dark Parade - The Diagnosis [Part I]   B4bcd52f67720f0edc7c598a08b1e863

Sanpaku (산빠쿠)

Death. It wasn't a concept Castor had wrapped his head around. Survival was something much more familiar, but now that Lucky had mentioned it, when was the last time he'd felt pain?

"Ah."

Biting his bottom lip in frustration, he thought, "Of course, it always leads back to you somehow... Father. Our fight was the last time I truly felt anything. Since then and before, it's just been pointless kill after the next."

An uneasiness lingered in the pit of Nox's stomach – a feeling he'd experience occasionally when he was about to do something crazy. Whether it was his fight with Joseph or taking on Vana's most elite knights, it was a sensation all too familiar, though he'd never given it much thought.

Fear. This time, it was almost unbearable. How could someone of his stature die? He'd obtained the perfect fighting style, the perfect fruit, and even learned Haki to complement them both. Die? Who was meant to be the one to kill him? Himself. What a joke.

Flicking his finger against Nox's forehead, the anguished expression on Castor's face unraveled slightly.

"I know we've just met, so it might be strange for you to hear this, but put your life in my hands. I'll make sure you're out of the woods yet. Just remember that feeling, Mr. Sanpaku. A man who has nothing to lose has already died twice over – once in the mental sense, and secondly in the spirit."

Writing up a list of herbs and medicines he'd need, Lucky began to search the city for the drugs needed to treat Nox's condition.

"Now, about this hunchback of yours. Let's get started."

Folding his fists, the Mink went about shattering the bones in his Captain's back.

St. Poplar | Downtown

Surrounded by his usual paraphernalia, Newport reveled in the success of the crew taking yet another island. Scantily clad women ran around, gawking at the mountain of treasure he'd brought to the brothel in exchange for several nights of fun.

Sipping from the bottle of rum, Newport thought to himself, "To think he'd be able to beat Joseph, even if it was by the skin of his teeth."

"This won't be enough though... he's still too weak and way too reckless. He's lost the thing that made him sharp – his obsession with revenge."

Emptying some of the treasure onto the floor, the sack of goodies was dragged away with Newport, onto the next location of fun. "I'm thirsty. Maybe a pub next."

Aboard a Marine Warship | Somewhere in Paradise

"Are the preparations complete?" Sinclair, the Celestial Dragon, inquired.

Bowing slightly, Stein declared with a malicious grin, "Indeed. I've heard he's been cooped up on an island known as St. Poplar. I've already placed a few spies within the mix."

"I want him this time, Stein. I've never had a famous pirate as my plaything. I've grown tired of this one. You may take her as bait."

Shoving the woman off his throne like a rag doll, Stein intercepted her fall and held the slave in his arms.

"Temper, temper, boss. After all, she's the tool I'll be using to set up the mouse trap."

The three-eyed slave in question wore dingy brown clothes, and her eyes were swollen shut from constant abuse. She didn't speak or make a noise anymore; her eyes were like those of a mirror – cold and emotionless.

"How would you like to be reunited with your son after all these years, you sad little thing?"

A bit of life returned to the woman's eyes, but a frantic struggle ensued. She knew that nothing good could come from these two's involvement. Fighting to scream words of disdain, the woman found it hard to form words and resorted to mumbling.

"The dice of fate have already been cast. I'm finally about to get my revenge for Lvneel. I've thrown this Dark Parade for you, Castor! I hope you enjoy the show!"

@Thrash  @Rowan Roji

Word Count: 1,739

Castor'sTracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:23 pm
Sometime later

A breath of fresh linen, the clanging of dishware, the soft aroma of burning coals and bubbling soup wafted in the air. For a moment, taken back to a childhood moment where everything was different. Safe.

A simpler time. A time that was not this.

"So yer a awake, aye sonny..?"

"Huh..?" The lad's vision blurred in and out, struggling to focus after the beating he had taken.

"Knocked in yer head..." She mumbled, navigating her way around the kitchen like a seasoned pro. The echo of the knife tapping the block as it danced across the board. "It will be abit before yer vision goes back to normal I reckon.."

"Granny....?" He questioned.

"Aye." She responded. "You are a real idjit, ya know that..? I could've handled myself ya' know."

"Tch... Yeah, sure, old hag like you ain't as tough as me. You'd be dead."

"Heeheeheehee..! I wonder about that.." Cackling as she dumped the ingredients into a large black cauldron.

"Yeesh..! What're you some kinda witch or something?"

And before an answer could be had, a curious knock came at the door. It was a purposeful rhythm followed by a phrase, "Hey Gran, I got your groceries."

"Oh my.." Her creased eyes thinned as she momentarily brandished a sinister smile. "Come in, come in, dearie."

A large man stepped through the door and in his hands were duffels, seemingly almost as large as he was. "Where ya want em?"

"The usual spot, if you would," Gran responded as the mountain of a man disappeared into the back of the house.

"How the..." The boy mumbled curiously, doing his best to lean around the corner to see where the giant had gone.

"Here ya are lad." Gran smiled as she placed a large bowl of steaming hot stew on the table in front of him.

"I uhhh... I'm okay, thanks though.." While his words were suspicious and distrusting, his stomach made its decision on the matter. The growl of which was loud and deep.

"Seems someone's not being very honest, eh?" Smiling she took a spoonful of her own and stuffed it into her mouth. "No poison, promise. Now eat up."

"I owe you my life after all, only a big strong man could take a beating like that. Heeheeheehee...!"

"Tch... Yeah....whatev..." Forgoing words in favor of spoonfuls, the lad stuffed his mouth until his cheeks were ready to explode. It had been a long time since he had a meal like this. Something that preceded even Nox's takeover by quite awhile.

"Heehee! Been a long time since I've been able to feed a strong youngling yourself! You remind me abit of my own grandkid."

"Oh....yeah....?" The words spewed bits of food with every syllable.

"Oh yes. In fact, the resemblance is uncanny. They were also incredibly stupid and hungry! HeeHeehee!"

WC 474/1,360/20,000
Rowan Roji
Rowan Roji
[[hardboiled]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:58 pm
1824 | Drys Manor | Ilisia Kingdom

The Drys Manor was a shining example of how beautiful Ilisia can be. Overlooking a coastal city near the northwest corner of the island, Rowan often looked to the sea in envy of the sailors who came through. The Manor was built using the money gained from his family's many adventures, so Rowan was raised with the expectation that he would also leave to go on his own adventures

But despite Rowan’s envy for travelers, the sea was far too dangerous for him to actually leave Ilisia.

When the boy's grandfather returned to Ilisia for good, Rowan did everything in his power to figure out why he came back, and why he left in the first place. The boy’s grandfather was happy to answer, as long as Rowan could land a single hit on him.

Standing in the middle of the Manor’s garden, a twelve-year-old Rowan faced his grandfather, Elm. Although the man was now far past his prime, the martial arts master had once traveled the world and challenged every dojo he came across.

Wasting no time, Rowan charged the old man with the tact of an exceedingly pissed-off hippo, and was promptly swatted to the ground.

[npc=navy]“That’ll never work! Try again, Rowan!”[/npc] Standing over the young martial artist, the eight-foot-tall man wore a tattered blue gi. Locals say that the gi received a tear from each dojo he challenged, although others believe each tear was from a different bar he visited.

With his ego and body thoroughly bruised, the young boy lethargically got himself back to his feet. “This is stupid! What’s the point in fighting you if you are just going to win every time!”

Elm took advantage of his grandson’s whining, kicking him square in the stomach, [npc=navy]“Kayayayaya! This is what happens when you read too many books!”[/npc] After what felt like an eternity of rolling on the ground, Rowan came to a stop and got back to his feet, “Maybe if you ever chose to open a book you wouldn’t have had to fight for a living!”

A vein popped on the old man’s forehead, [npc=navy]“Hey! You young’uns don’t have any respect for your elders! Back in my day…”[/npc]

With Elm now distracted, Rowan took the opportunity to sneak away. Careful to not trample any more flowers, the greenhorn fighter made his way to the closest tree he could find. Now far enough away from his grandfather, Rowan could climb as loud as he wanted.

Five minutes later, Elm opened his eyes, [npc=navy]“So next time you say that-”[/npc] The old man’s eyes went wide, [npc=navy]“Rowan!? Where the hell did you go!?”[/npc]

“Mokuzai Ototsu!”

Diving off of a large branch, Rowan extended his leg and made an attempt to kick his grandfather. Even with the element of surprise, Rowan was still no match for his grandfather. Just when the boys leg was about to make contact with Elm, the old man grabbed his ankle, [npc=navy]“If you insist on yelling out names for every attack you use, wait until they have actually connected. Kayaya!”[/npc]

Whittler’s Winnings | St. Poplar | Ten Minutes After the Fight

“-And ever since that day I just kept at it. Spite is a hell of a motivator!”

Concluding his story, Rowan had found himself seated at the bar, the crowd from earlier had followed him after his most recent battle. When the Nox Pirates took over the island, Rowan had known that their enemies would hunt them down like moths to a flame. But what he hadn’t counted on were the friendly pirates and other criminals who wanted to see the island’s “liberators” with their own eyes.

A pirate near the front of the group raised his hand, [npc=pirt]“Roji… That story didn’t explain anything.”[/npc]

The supernova placed his drink on the counter and leaned back, “Sure it did. I used to be weak when I was a kid. And I got stronger after I started training.” Pausing for a moment, the supernova jumped behind the bar and grabbed a new drink, “Listen, if you want something, you either have to earn it yourself, or steal it from someone else.”

A different pirate spoke up, [npc=pirt]“But none of that explains how you got so strong.”[/npc] The crowd echoed the man’s sentiment. The young pirate shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t really know what to tell you. It’s all mindset at the end of the day. Do you think Ginsai or Behemoth walk around thinking about how weak they are?”

A particularly grizzled-looking pirate spoke up, [npc=pirt]“So if I sail to New Marineford all confident, I could fight off the Admirals?”[/npc] Rowan facepalmed, “Okay, let's all start from the beginning…”

Holding a Den Den Mushi up to the open window, Jenkins hid himself from the supernova and his followers, “Did you hear that? He’s totally off-guard right now! He hasn’t even sensed me yet!”

After a brief silence, Jay began to crack up, [npc=bhun]“Maybe you just aren’t strong enough to be considered a threat?"[/npc]

“That’s it! Since you think it’s so funny to mess with me I’m going in! And when I defeat him all on my own I’m not sharing any of the money! Kaccha~”

Stunned, Jay looked at the motionless snail, [npc=bhun]"Such a drama queen..."[/npc]

Word Count:
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:58 am

Sanpaku (산빠쿠)

In the heart of St. Poplar, a whisper spread like wildfire through the city's narrow alleys and bustling markets. News of an enigmatic and ominous event had seized the attention of both the curious and the daring. An official recruiting party, meticulously arranged for the Nox Pirates, had woven itself into the fabric of conversation.

Rumor had it that this event would unfold within the decaying embrace of a forsaken storage house nestled deep within the shadows of the N1 Base's compound. The mere mention of this venue carried an air of undeniable authority, confirming to all that this was no ordinary gathering.

Yet, beneath the surface of anticipated revelry, a hidden truth pulsed like a second heartbeat. It wasn't merely the fervent supporters of Nox who were drawn to the call. A motley assembly of eyes harboring secrets and ambitions converged upon the rendezvous point.

Among the ranks of hopeful 'recruits' prowled shadowy figures, each a Bounty Hunter seeking to ensnare the most coveted bounties that the Nox Pirates had to offer.

Nox. Rowan. Newport.

This trio held within its grasp a prize of astronomical value, an ethereal jackpot that echoed with the promise of a Billion Dollar retirement payout. Within the compound's fortified walls, Nox's vigilant nakama attempted to sift loyalty from deception, stationed at the gate to scrutinize every would-be applicant. Yet, the darkness had its own designs, and alternate pathways silently beckoned those with ulterior motives, ones divergent from the path of allegiance.

Within the cavernous expanse of the forsaken warehouse, where daylight dared not tread, dim light fought against the inky blackness, casting eerie shadows upon the stage that had been meticulously erected. This elevated platform, perched almost defiantly eight feet above the ground, bore witness to an enigma of a different kind.

It was here that the legendary Red Tin Suit stood resolute, its metallic visage gleaming with an otherworldly radiance. Clutched against its wearer's shoulder was a massive katana, a testament to the formidable presence that commanded the stage.

Among the ranks of Nox's seasoned members, a hushed conversation found its way to The Duke's ears. "Looks like we're almost at capacity, Saint Duke," they murmured.

His response carried a touch of bemusement, "Atrocious. Red Devil is fine. I never thought I'd see the day someone addressed me as a Saint. Hilarious!"

As the door to the warehouse and the entrance to the N1 Base were sealed, an atmosphere of foreboding enveloped the compound, shrouding those left outside in blissful ignorance of the events unfolding within.

Stepping purposefully to the center stage, the enigmatic figure known as the Red Devil drew the microphone to him, his very presence a magnet for attention. "Good afternoon, gentlemen and ladies in attendance," his voice resounded, infused with a calculated confidence that stirred the gathering crowd.

A rumble of dissent rippled through the assembly, a chorus of voices rising in unison.

"I came here to see Sanpaku and Rowan! I haven't seen any news reports about a Red Suit Monster before! Nox! If you want us to join you, get out here!"

"I've been on these seas for almost a decade. My expertise will certainly be an asset!"

Amidst the growing clamor, a brash declaration erupted from a single voice, each word dripping with defiance. "All of you, shut up! I'm the famed two-star hunter, Brogga Jones! I'll just kidnap you, and Nox will have to come save his nakama!"

A cacophony of sentiments, a tumultuous sea of intentions, surged through the crowd, each one adding a layer of tension to the already charged atmosphere.

A stifled yawn from the Red Devil shattered the maelstrom of emotions, the seemingly disrespectful gesture acting as a paradoxical prelude to the storm. It was the prelude to an announcement that would weave destiny and doom in equal measure.

From the shadows, crates on wheels emerged, ferrying with them an aura of intrigue. These crates, their metallic hue contrasting starkly with the dim environment, bore within their confines an enigma in the form of black and grey collars.

"Peo…ple," the Red Devil's words hung in the air, a deliberate pause invoking curiosity. "Why so hostile? The fun has yet to begin! Scattered around this warehouse are crates containing limited metallic collars. Most of them are marked between one to three."

The anticipation was palpable, a collective breath held as one of the pirates dared to reach out, fingers grazing the contents of the crate.

In an instant, chaos metamorphosed from potential to reality. A gunshot echoed through the cavernous space, its resounding report a stark punctuation mark to the tension that hung in the air. A pirate's arrogance had cost him his life, extinguishing his defiance before it could blossom into action.

The Red Devil's voice reasserted its authority, the ice in his tone freezing the room into silence. "No, no, boys… You mustn't be so rowdy... Listen up if you want to leave here alive, that is."

A sea of faces stared in rapt attention, a mixed sea of desperation and determination, as the Red Devil revealed the secret behind the collars.

"The higher the number, the higher your position will be on our ship."

Amidst the tremors of uncertainty, the presence of another threat was acknowledged—a shadowy specter lurking beyond the edge of sight.

"Of course, we accounted for the Bounty Hunters and Mercenaries who'd come after us as well. Hatred is a wicked thing. We’ve added in a special Berri Bonus for every Ranked Hunter turned in!"

And finally, as the pallor of doom painted the room, a chilling ultimatum hung like a sword suspended by a thread.

"Finally. Anyone without a collar will be shot dead. I'm sure you've heard of our crew's reputation. None of this should come as a surprise to you."

With the revelation, the whisper of suspense transformed into a crescendo of turmoil. The struggle for survival, the grim competition to earn a place among the Nox Pirates, ignited a storm of chaos. In the face of uncertainty, enemies and allies found themselves crushed amidst the unforgiving tide of determination, as destiny unfurled its tapestry in the heart of that forsaken warehouse.

@Thrash  @Rowan Roji

Word Count: 2,755

Castor'sTracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:39 pm
"So what's yer name, aye sonny?" Granny asked as the pair stood elbow-deep in suds at the kitchen sink. One by one, scrubbing, washing, drying, stacking, repeat.

Without missing a beat, "Names Gav", passing her another plate he didn't make an effort to keep the conversation going.

That didn't stop the old hag though, "From around 'ere, Gav?"

"Small town outside the city, grew up there with... my parents.."

"And where are yer parents?"

"Dead."

"I assume our new savior is to thank for that?" For a moment the soft elderly woman was gone, replaced by a cold disdain.

"Heh. Dad, yeah..." Gav Snickered as he fought back the tears welling up in his eyes. "But funny enough.... Mum...ya know, she was originally from an island far away in the North Blue...." He paused as the faux smile faded away, leaving behind a cold expression devoid of emotion.

"Lvneel..." He muttered, "She was visiting her family in Lvneel... when that fucking pirate and his stupid crew attacked and took over the island...."

Granny paused for a moment, in shock as the pieces of the puzzle fell into place. "I.. I recall reading in the News Coo.... It can't be..." Her eyes now locked onto a foreign-looking pendant depicting a wolf that dangled from the boy's neck.

"He..hehe.. Oh, it is..." Gav sniffled as he clenched his teeth. "She was ... and he... That fucking monster wiped them all out with a single stroke..." With every word, his grip tightened until the plate shattered in his hand.

"Oh my..!" Granny shouted as she grabbed Gav's hand a steady stream of crimson ran out of it. Quickly tending to the wound she looked up into his cold eyes.

"Purpose.." She said, "We need to find you a purpose.." She helped the poor boy up and back into bed. The bags under his eyes told the story of more than one sleepless night.

As she closed the door behind her a noise could be heard from the direction the giant had disappeared in earlier.

Puru Puru Puru, Puru Puru Puru

Katcha

"..........."

"Tapioca Pudding."

"Code word accepted, report."

"Kishishishishishi...! Tell my granddaughter that I think I found just the thing we were looking for!"

WC 371/1,731/20,000
Rowan Roji
Rowan Roji
[[hardboiled]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:18 pm
Before the irritated butler had a chance to storm the bar, the door swung open, flinging the two-star bounty hunter into a nearby dumpster. The sudden impact into the garbage caused the lid to slam shut. It only took a few agonizing, quiet moments for Jenkins to realize what had happened. Based on the smell, he was either dead,

Or in the trash.

Bursting through the side of the large dumpster, the butler swept the garbage off his three-piece (But second-rate) suit. The seasoned vet scanned his surroundings. Thankfully it was easy to get eyes on Roji again, or at least, his entourage of admirers. Slinking from alleyway to alleyway, the butler kept up his patient waiting. Rookie pirates always slip up eventually, and Roji would be no different.

The bounty-hunting butler continued watching as his target sauntered down the road, laughing and talking to people all the way. It didn’t make any sense to the old man. Were these people truly friends with such a dangerous and deplorable pirate, or did they just fear what would happen if they fought back? Despite Jenkins' earlier claim to his chronically lost compatriot, he knew he wouldn’t be able to capture any of Nox’s crew solo. The only thing he could do was watch from afar.

At least that was the plan. A mere moment later the small man’s quarry was up in the air and out of sight. Cursing under his breath, the exhausted hunter slinked out of sight and cracked his knuckles,“I was hoping I would at least get a break from having to turn into such an unsightly beast.” The butler made absolutely sure no eyes were on him, “Oh well…”

The poor man’s body lurched forward as a dark green exoskeleton covered his body, and insectile wings pushed off his jacket. With an irritating buzz, the bug-man rose above the buildings. Almost instantaneously, Jenkin's many eyes locked onto the black-haired boy. The bug-man zipped towards Roji, but by the time he was close the rookie pirate was already on top of a different building.

Following what felt like an hour of fruitless chasing, Jenkins gained some more height and grabbed his Den Den Mushi with a spare arm.

[npc=bhun]“P-”[/npc]

[npc=bhun]“Kaccha~”[/npc]

[npc=bhun]“So…”[/npc] Jay made no attempt to hide his amusement, [npc=bhun]“You manage to catch him all on your own?”[/npc]

“It’s a work in progress!” Jenkins spoke with as much faux confidence as he could muster, “Just you- ACHOO!” Before Jenkins could share his master plan, an unlucky sneeze sent his trusty snail plummeting towards the ground.

Hovering in place, Jenkins could only watch in horror as Roji swiped the transponder snail out of the air.

Skidding to a stop, Roji eyed the snail suspiciously. The pirate was well aware of how unpredictable islands in the Grand Line could be, but this kind of weather was ridiculous.

“Hello? Is anyone there?”

Word Count:
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:32 am

Sanpaku (산빠쿠)

Market Bazaar | Thirsty Lizard Pub

Fresh out of the brothel, Newport slid into the quaint pub for a fresh round of drinks on his celebration tour. He'd use this time to take in the gossip on the streets; the opinions of the people could be quite useful after all.

"A round of ale, sugar tits!" Newport shouted at the well-endowed barkeep.

Meanwhile in Lvneel, Annabelle made preparations for the arrival of the Queen of Flevance and her party.

The dining hall was promptly lit with the finest candles, and the tables, pantries, and wine were stocked with a variety of goods, not only products made locally but some imported from Flevance through their treaty of peace.

Anna's stance was a simple one; she'd deny pirate involvement on Lvneel, and if asked about her newly hitched Duke, she'd say he's fond of the sea and is currently out on an expedition for a shipment of wine.

This was her battlefield, albeit a political one, and though no swords or fancy Devil Fruit abilities are involved, one fatal misspeak could lead to thousands of lives being split in bloodshed.

Warehouse | N1 Base

Red Devil's death game had come to a close; the room that was once brimming with the underworld's scummiest was now reduced to a mere force of one hundred and two. Removing the explosive collars from the remaining soldiers, Red Devil went to greet the winners, only to be met with a giant katana blade piercing through his tin suit.

From out of thin air, the man dressed in Ninja Garb nursed a cigarette in his mouth and removed the giant blade from the scientist's contraption, only to find acid corroding the katana’s metal.

"I guess my assassination attempt failed." The man declared, chuckling to himself while inspecting his weapon with immense urgency. Two whiffs of his trusty weapon, "Acid. Nice touch but this is a graded Meito; it'd take a lot more than some cheap acid to melt my weapon, Mr. Stockholm."

The tin suit eyes glowed a menacing red, "How do you know that name?" Duke inquired in shock.

"I learn everything about the men I’m hired to kill. Miss Marvel sends her regards. Unfortunately, upfront squabbles aren’t my thing. I wanted to use the chaos of this death game of yours to cut you down, but your security was so tight. I guess the reports about you lot building a mini army weren’t all hot air." The Ninja elaborated.

"Ohoho. Miss Marvel. I guess this is about the warehouse I burnt down. I do send my apologies. I didn’t understand that warranted an assassin's touch." Duke stated, examining the hole in his suit with his tin fingers.

Creating a circle around the man, the new recruits and Duke's current executive members surrounded the ninja.

With a few flickers of hand signs and a toss of a smoke bomb, the ninja faded into the shadows, leaving an ominous message, "Next time I won't fail, Stockholm. Your captain. Every core member of the Nox Pirates will die at the hand of my blade. Deliver this message to your Captain; Stein says hello."

N1 Base | Examination Room

Lucky puts Nox under heavy anesthetic and begins a series of minor surgeries to fix some of the damage done to the war-stricken body of Castor O. Nox. After about ten hours under the blade, Lucky had managed to address the injuries he wanted to with the first set of surgeries.

@Thrash  @Rowan Roji

Word Count: 3,338

Castor'sTracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:01 pm
"Hmph.." A salty old seaman grunted, his eyes lost on the ocean's horizon. "Storms a com'in.." He muttered. His hands were rough and calloused, hands that told the story of a lifetime's worth of hard labor.

"Ain't no storm coming today pops." A much younger sailor snickered. He was tall and lanky, but his muscles and veins popped out of his seemingly too-tight skin.

"Can feel it muh bones... Storms a comin. Just watch."

"Yeah, yeah, quit yer ranting, and come help me get this tied off." He barked back, struggling to move the heavy rope by himself.

Hours went by as the pair worked their hands, the calloused armor protecting them as best it could. Ship after ship, tie on tie off. Rinse, repeat. It was hard and tedious work, but it paid them well and they had spent a lifetime doing it.

"Bit crazy what happened.." The younger sailor mumbled as his feet dangled off the docks. Taking a needed sip of water as they enjoyed a short lunch break.

"The pirate you mean?" The salty seaman questioned.

"The Saint.." He whispered back, quickly ensuring no one heard the slander towards their newfound leader. "Shush!" Pursing his lips, "You can't slander a newfound leader like that."

"Ahh what's it matter, huh? The people and charge, they come and go." Taking a bite from his sandwich before continuing, "It's people like us that are the backbones of countries, people in charge don't matter."

"Yeah, that's why we work and they are rich, right pops, nyanyanyanyanya." Taking a swig of water, "Celestial Dragons, Kings, Queens, Saints, they are the ones that matter. They get to do whatever they want."

With a heavy sigh, the sailor smiled and patted the younger man's shoulder. "You'll see one day kid, you'll see." It was then that a single droplet from the sky caught the old man's eye. "Well, I'll be..bobobobobo." He said with a smug grin.

A pitter-patter of raindrops began, slow at first, sporadic. Then it quickened like a shredding riff, heavier, faster. Storm clouds swept across the sky, and a heavy darkness devoured the light. Thunder drummed and lightning flashed, waves angry and fierce crashed against the docks like an animal trapped in a cage.

It carried an unnatural rhythm, every sound had a purpose, each one complimenting another like a practiced orchestra conducting its finest show. Even with all of nature's beauty, she could not accomplish such a fine-tuned, energetic melody.

CRACK

A massive bolt of lightning split the sky and crashed to earth, landing deep in the heart of the city. The sound was deafening and the bass shook the very ground.

"HOLY CANNOLI!" The old man shouted as he held his hat, doing his best to keep the merciless winds from ripping it away.

Then, like it was all a dream, the storm faded from existence. The sky opened up and the light shined bright, no wind nor rain, just a gentle warm embrace of nature. The only evidence left was the glass puddles on the ground and sopping-wet dock workers who stood to tell the tale.

WC 519/2,250/20,000
Rowan Roji
Rowan Roji
[[hardboiled]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:05 pm
[npc=bhun]“Huh?”[/npc] If the snail had any eyebrows to speak of, they surely would have risen, [npc=bhun]“You’re not Jenkins! What’d you do to him!?”[/npc]

An incredulous expression was brought to the teenager's face, “Who the hell is Jenkins? Who’re you?”

A brief, silent standoff had started. Both men held zero interest in helping the other out. After no more than five seconds, the strangers spoke again,

[npc=bhun]“WHERE THE HELL IS HE!!!”[/npc]

“I didn’t do anything to Jenkins.“

The Den Den Mushi squinted, [npc=bhun]“Really? You sure?”[/npc]

“No.”

Hanging up as quick as he answered, Roji set the snoozing snail on the building's edge. From his vantage point, N-1 was still as ginormous as ever. Leaning forward, Roji slipped off of the rooftop. Wind billowing across his gi as the supernova yanked out a bright red pop green,

“Sudden Forest: Maple Glider!”

Vine-like, red stems wrapped around the pirate's body. Stretching out about twice as long as the Envy Sin’s wingspan, a red maple leaf acted as a pair of thin, flimsy wings.

Zipping between the crowded streets and buildings, Roji eventually rose high above even the tallest buildings of the bustling city. From his bird's eye view, the martial artist locked on to the crew’s nearby headquarters, but what really caught the supernova’s attention was the storm that seemingly popped up out of nowhere. Using all of the Haki he could muster, Roji tried to sense if Castor was in danger.

Shockingly, it seemed that Castor wasn’t behind the pitch-black clouds that loomed over the island. Before the Envy Sin could pontificate any more about who or what was causing this storm, the winds picked up, throwing the pirate for quite a loop. By the time Roji had gotten his bearings again, the harsh rain had poked holes in his leaf glider and drenched his entire outfit. If Roji didn’t already have front-row seats to see the pillar of lightning crash into the island, he easily would have heard it.

As the storm disappeared just as unnaturally fast as it came, Roji changed course,

“Either Nox is fighting somebody,” The supernova frowned, “Or he’s— No, he stopped doing that after Lvneel. Either way, I gotta know what’s going on!”

Opening his eyes, the battered butler shakily got up to his feet. Water dripped onto the bounty hunter's wet, matted hair. Based on the Jenkin’s shaped indent in the wall above him, the butler could only guess at what monstrous creature had swatted him out of the sky.

Leaning up against the brick wall, Jenkins inspected the damage his poor suit had been subject to,

“Sorry, Jay. Do what you want, but this just became out of my pay grade…”

Word Count:

Last edited by Rowan Roji on Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:10 pm

Sanpaku (산빠쿠)

N1 Base Infirmary

A few moments later, the anesthesia from Nox’s surgery began to wear off, and the pirate captain slowly regained consciousness. Lucky slumped into the chair in the waiting room. After being in surgery for hours on end, the multiple procedures were a lot but truly needed.

“How are you feeling, Captain?” Lucky inquired.

“Sore, but I guess that’s a good thing, considering up to a few hours ago, I couldn’t feel anything,” Nox declared.

“It means the medication is working. I’ve examined all of the minor and major injuries. Some needed time to naturally heal; others were infected, and I had to do a bit of work to drain off the inflammation. You’ll need about three to five days of bed rest tops,” Lucky explained.

“Gashi Gashi… it’ll give me some time to catch up on my reading. Lucky, could you fetch my books from my library? They should be on my desk,” Castor instructed.

Warehouse | N-1 Base

The remnants of Red Devil’s deathmatch toasted to their survival. Duke had planned on having a feast organized for the brand new platoon who’d join their ranks; around sixty-five men in total remained.

“I see you're as active as ever,” Jazzy commented.

“You’ve come just in time for the roasted duck. It’s truly marvelous!” Red Devil commented smugly.

“You think adding more foot soldiers is what this crew needs right now?” Jazzy commented as she cleaned out her pistol, trying to blow off some steam by keeping tabs on Duke.

“Nox needs a lot of things. Among fresh blood, he needs a new vessel and to nip these rumors in the bud,” Duke declared.

“Rumors?” Jazzy’s eyes opened widely with anticipation of the explanation.

“People are starting to say he’s making too many enemies too quickly and can’t back it up. Rowan’s rise to fame has been keeping those murmurs low though. Perfect timing,” Duke explained.

“Well. Thanks to you we have Miss Marvel on our ass. Nox literally has the whole world against him due to the massacre on Lvneel and now taking out a decorated war hero, they’ll soon start trying to either recruit him as a Warlord or send one of their own to handle him.” Jazzy commented.

“Warlord status would be perfect! I’d definitely be able to conduct my experiments in peace! All I’d be missing is a fully operational lab!” Duke began to pine on. “Speaking of Lvneel, my birdies say his mistress- I mean, wife might be in a bit of pickle. It seems Flevance wants to blame their King’s absence on us after the Grave Robber debacle.” Duke concluded.

Market Bazar | Thirsty Lizard Pub

After downing several bottles of rum, Newport began to sniff out the change of weather in the air. “Rain? It was just sunny outside! Boo!” Newport shouted in a drunk slur.

“Hey, Kid! Bring me more rum!” Newport heckled the shop owner and young assistant. Clutching to the old wounds beneath his army jacket, “Times like these, my old wounds start to itch. Happens when I get excited or—,” Newport would ramble to himself, pausing for a minute.

“There’s no way he’d come to this play park in the ocean in pursuit of a little old me,” Newport concluded, downing another round of rum.

@Thrash  @Rowan Roji

Word Count: 3,876

Castor'sTracker

This post has in-line assessment comments.Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:00 pm
KATHOOM!

A flash of light followed by a crackling explosion obliterated the tiny grandma's home. Reducing the shack to splinters and boards in a rubble-filled crater.

The surrounding crowds were scattered in all directions as dozens were injured by the shrapnel and others trampled in the chaos. Smoke rose into the air as small fires began to take hold and grow.

"cough cough... Granny! Hey ya old hag...! cough Where are you?!" Gav shouted as he dug himself out of the debris. His left arm hung limp with bones jutting out of the skin.

"Wha... What...." His eyes widened as tears of anger welled in them at what he saw.

"Ah fuck, ah shit... man, uhhh my bad.. Let me just, here, yea... I uhhh... yeah, that, that.. should work..." A massive tan-skinned man with horns and a wild red mane knelt at the bottom of the crater.

"What are you doing...?" He watched as the beast played with the woman's remains like a puzzle. Doing his best to mix and match the severed limbs to the original placement.

"That, yeah, that's perfect, you're fine... right...?" He smiled awkwardly as he put the final touch on his Frankenstein flesh sculpture before it fell apart.

"Ah fuck me...I'm sorry lady... I didn't mean to..." He drifted off as he looked around, "Ya know, this..." Motioning around to the destruction that surrounded him before lowering his head in a moment of silence.

"Welp! Nothing I can do about that now." Glancing around once more, "Hmmm, can't see anything from down here." The ground cracked under his weight as he launched himself into the air, leaping out from the crater and fracturing the ground upon landing.

"Now where is... Ah there!" Reaching his arm out, sparks danced from his fingertips as the rubble began to rumble. "Here boy!" A lightning-coated guitar erupted from the rocks and found itself in the monster musician's firm grip.

"Ahah! Good, good! Unharmed as I would expect of an item of such craftsmanship!" Holding the guitar out by the neck to admire it before placing it over his shoulder. Using his free hand to dust himself off.

"Now then.. Where to go... hmmm"

"HEY!" Gav shouted.

"Wha..?" Thrash looked around confused.

"DOWN HERE! YEAH ME!" Gav stood shaking in his boots as he clutched a large piece of glass. The jagged edges cut into his hands as he gripped until his knuckles went white, powered by pure rage.

"Well, well, hello there little man!" Thrash knelt with a smile, "Who might you be? Wait, don't tell!" His eyes widened at the weapon brandished at him, "No way, I've waited for this moment forever. My first crazed fan attack."

"I'm honored little man you chose me."

"FAN?!" Gav shouted, "I ain't your fuckin fan, look around at what you fuckin did!! You destroyed everythin! All of it cause of you!"

"Well, I mean, I don't know if I destroyed everything.." He said nervously, "I mean, look, I didn't destroy that." Pointing to the outhouse that sat on the old woman's property.

"See? That's fine, so I mean, that's not everything? Right?" Though as he desperately tried to plead his case the outhouse caught fire like a tinderbox.

"Nevermind, I see guess I see your point..." Mumbling as he looked around at the flames growing by the second. Letting out a sigh, "Here.." With a series of rhythmic claps, several small storm clouds gathered above them and unleashed a torrent of rain to douse the flames.

"There, don't say I did nothing for ya."

"That's it... THATS IT?!"

"Look kid, I ain't got time for this, I said I was sorry, I put out the flames, shit happens. Alright? Ya think you're the first person to lose someone? You ain't, okay? Get over it."

Walking away, Thrash stopped before turning back to the kid, "It's survival of the strongest out here, don't wanna die? Then don't be weak."

Gav collapsed to the ground as his adrenaline wore off, his fear taking over that left him gasping for breath.

"Ah shit, now what?" Thrash mumbled as he found himself surrounded.

"In the name of Saint Nox, stop right there, monster!"

WC 699/2,949/20,000
Rowan Roji
Rowan Roji
[[hardboiled]]

This post has in-line assessment comments.Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:25 pm
Jay knew that he was on a Spring Island, but he really thought he was going to get away with not packing his rain boots. Even though the weather had returned to normal, it was as if a dark cloud still loomed over the lone bounty hunter.

In between bites of a massive sandwich, the bounty hunter lamented his current situation, [npc=bhun]“Jenkins isn’t picking up anymore…”[/npc] Spewing chunks of already soggy bread out from his bearded mouth, Jay grew more irate with each passing word, [npc=bhun]“... that damn storm ruined my lunch…”[/npc] Eating the rest of the sandwich in one giant bite, Jay quickened his pace, [npc=bhun]“... and this Roji guy could be anywhere by now! It’s not like he’s just gonna fall out of the sky.”[/npc]

Mere moments later, Something too fast to see rocketed above the backstreet, bringing shade and droplets of rain with it. Wiping the water off his binoculars, Jay inspected the strange figure as gears started spinning in his head.

[npc=bhun]“Well, I'll be damned! Guess I spoke too soon!”[/npc]

“Now that I have time to think about it, this is definitely slower than if I just ran.”

The once muddy sea of people below had now become crystal clear, the supernova shook his head in disappointment, “And I lost all my height when I tried to pick up speed. I should’ve just asked Jazzy to show me that Sky Walk thing again…”

Thankfully, Rowan wouldn’t have too much time to dwell on the ancient history of events that transpired an entire twenty-four hours ago. The supernova’s haki warning him just a second too late, Rowan was hit by something that could only be described as a small meteor. Plummeting to the ground, the Envy Sin had little time to think of anything that even slightly resembled an intelligent plan.

Of course, that meant that the only ideas left in Rowan's mind were as risky as threatening Shirowani.  Gritting his teeth, the greenhorn pirate coated as much of his body in haki as he could muster.

"Newport better be right about this!"

White brick exploded out from the site of the impact. Thankfully, few people were close enough to the splash zone to get hurt, it was already embarrassing enough that the Envy Sin had let himself get caught off guard in the first place.

Dust settling, the supernova sprang to his feet and readied his tonfa. Locking eyes with his strange attacker, the martial artist gave a cheeky smile, "You must not read the News Coo very often. I'm afraid it'll take more than that to bring me down!"

Brandishing two bright orange slingshots, the bounty hunter howled with laughter, [npc=bhun]"You're crazy kid! It's been a while since I caught one like you!"[/npc]

Word Count:
Castor O. Nox
Castor O. Nox

This post has in-line assessment comments.Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:24 pm

Sanpaku (산빠쿠)

The loud explosion rattled several houses adjacent along the strip. The locals watched in awe as the freak accident surrounded a huge massive thirteen foot figure of a monster that couldn’t even be considered a man to normal eyes.

Crushed beneath the debris, Newport struggled to sip the last of his rum concealed beneath layers upon layers of wood. Fed up, he’d transform into his dinosaur form, shaking off the structure and freeing himself.

However, what he saw next kept his stomach turning in knots and reverted the man back to his human form. Picking pieces of what seemed to be human teeth from his beard, Newport froze in his path at the monstrous being before him who was all too familiar.

The wounds all across his body began to burn in pain, as memories of his last encounter with the Goliath’s father rerun in his brain like a 90’s television series on the late night circuit. Newport didn’t even waste time, letting out a mighty roar, the man morphed into his full dinosaur form, transforming into that Stegosaurus, spinning his body in a UFO like fashion.

The flying saucer attempted to slam into the man’s midsection and the sight of the two titans clashing caused the boy to urinate on himself in fear. Falling to his knees, he’d realize the man’s words were indeed correct, he wasn’t strong enough.

However, now, the legendary Newport, Saint of the Nox Pirates had descended to handle the scum.

Transforming back into his human form, “I don’t know why you’re here… but it can’t be anything good. I know that ugly mug anywhere… Thrash! Did that old bastard send you here looking for me?! Eh! Get up! I know that wasn’t enough to put you down!” Newport barked frantically like a crazed man.

@Thrash  @Rowan Roji

Word Count: 4,176

Castor'sTracker

Join Revival Dawn on Discord